Brook Street are pleased to offer a new position working for the Ministry of Defence as an Executive Officer in Upavon - Pewsey.
Primary responsibilities are to oversee administrative support to the Directorate of Children and Young People and Childcare Support Team (CST) in delivering the Wraparound Childcare (WAC) Scheme; including managing the end to end WAC application process and delivering support to the Early Learning and Childcare Fund.
- Oversee the daily monitoring of the CST Group mailbox and acting as the first point of contact for all enquiries including, but not limited to, enquiries from applicants and childcare providers
- Manage the administration, from end to end, the WAC application process following the WAC application standard operating procedure (SOP) including, but not limited to, the processing of applications, conducting eligibility and 3 monthly re-eligibility checks, issuing letters to childcare providers and sending Welcome packs out to new families.
- Ensure up to date records are maintained at all times, including the WAC Master Spreadsheet. Make and implement suggestions for improving/update WAC SOP as required.
- Working with DCYP and Army TLB finance teams manage the provider payments process to ensure payments are made in a timely manner
- As ePC card holder, manage WAC provider payments by ePC, ensuring records are maintained in accordance with guidelines.
- Manage the administration of WAC pilot surveys, the conducting of 3 monthly WAC applicant re-eligibility checks and provide support to generating WAC management information as required
- Manage administrative support to the nascent Early Learning a Childcare Fund and other CST-led initiatives and projects
- Identify opportunities to streamline CST and WAC project processes and exploit innovative ways of operating
- The postholder will need an eye for detail and the abilities to adopt a flexible and customer focused approach to solving problems, manage conflicting deadlines and develop good working relationships with internal stakeholders
- The postholder must be a self-starter who is able to work equally well as part of a team or using their own initiative
This is a new post in a new team and the remit of the team is evolving. The postholder may be expected to undertake other duties as required and appropriate to the grade, including general administrative tasks for the CST including:
- Taking and distributing minutes of meetings and send out agendas and papers etc
- Support with research and note taking
- Sharing communications materials
Temporary assignment until 31.12.2021- full time Monday to Friday 37.30 hours per week, £13.36 per hour.