Government Legal Department
Location: Leeds City Centre
Job Type: Full time and temporary
Hours: Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
Salary: £9.08 per hour increasing to £11.96 per hour after 12 weeks
Our client is looking to recruit an Executive Officer to join their team at their offices in Leeds City Centre. GLD (Government Legal Department) are the government`s principal legal advisers. They are in place to ensure to aid the government to govern well within the rule of law.
They provide legal advice on the development, design and implementation of government policies and decisions, drafting secondary legislation and working with Parliamentary Counsel on primary legislation and representing the government in court.
Successful applicants will provide junior management support, and will carry out administrative duties that are moderately complex. You will follow set procedures and will exercise some independent judgement in carrying out instructions, under general supervision.
Examples of work performed will include but not be restricted to:
- Preparing routine correspondence and checking that of others
- Compiling, verifying and reporting data
- Completing forms or reports
- Managing the workload of a small team, if required
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders
What we are looking for:
- Administrative experience with a good knowledge of and experience in using Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Five GCSE passes at Grade C or above
We are working very quickly to fill this post and arrange interviews so if you are interested in applying, please click apply now! Alternatively, you can contact Becca Smith on 0113 2154308 or email:
Unfortunately, due to the amount of responses we receive, we are unable to provide feedback to all applicants. If you have not been contacted within 7-10 days, please assume you have been unsuccessful.