We have a position for an Executive Officer on the IT Helpdesk in the Swansea City Centre area on a full-time, temporary basis to cover maternity leave. This role will involve the successful candidate providing general support in managing a busy contact centre team.
The hours of work will be 37 per week, but will vary between 07:30 and 18:00 Monday to Friday.
Brook Street is the chosen recruitment partner to Public Sector employers throughout the UK.
To be considered for this role, applicants must have:
- Experience of managing a small team
- Excellent communication skills, both written and via the telephone
- Excellent standards of written & spoken English
- Good time management skills and the ability to work efficiently
- Confident with IT systems and able to walk people through how to resolve them
- A flexible approach to workload as duties may vary
Duties of this role include
- Preparing routine correspondence and checking that of others
- Compiling, verifying and reporting data
- Completing forms or reports
- Managing the workload of a small team, if required
- Handling IT queries
- Offering advice within guidelines
- General administrative duties
The successful candidate will be working in a busy environment, which requires a high level of clearance checks. This will include Criminal Record checks (DBS Checks), Reference Checks (3 years), Address checks (5 years) and may involve us obtaining Character references to cover periods of unemployment.
Once the successful candidate has been offered the role, these checks will commence. These normally take anything from 7 days to 28 days, depending on how quickly we can obtain this information for clearance.