Up to £15.23 per hour
London Public Sector Branch
about 1 month ago
A new, exciting role has become available to work for a Government body as an Executive Officer based in Westminster.
Hours - Monday - Friday, 9-5, 37 hours per week, full time
Pay - £15.23 an hour
temporary role will be for 6 months, with possibility of extension
Maintain an overview of threat reporting and security issues across your geographical portfolio and to be the first point of contact for posts. Working with Overseas Security Managers (OSM) and Overseas Security Advisors (OSAs) you will provide evidence based policy advice, guidance and support on all aspects of security to posts and the Risk Owner (RO), which will enable them to make evidence based decisions.
- In times of crisis within your geographical portfolio, you will act as the key point of contact for Crisis Management Department, the geographical directorate and RO, as well as key security stakeholders and be at the heart of the decision making process, by providing advice directly to the Crisis Gold (decision maker).
- Monitor progress of recommendations made by our OSAs. Work with the FCDO(S), Post, Geographical Directorates, contractors and Estates to drive forward security projects. Working with the PMO monitor implementation and expenditure by Posts and others, and track progress against annual deadlines.
- Feed in to and manage Travel Risk Assessments (TRAs) and Security Incident Reports (SIRs) from posts, consulting with OSAs to ensure clear ESND-S advice. TRAs are an essential part of the work and given the current fluctuation in Travel Advice have the potential to be a divisive issue that need careful consideration. Ensure all concerned parties, from Post Security Officers (PSOs) and Regional/Overseas Securities Managers (R/OSMs) at post to Geographical Desk and risk owners (Geographical Directors) in London, are kept updated.
- Prepare briefing on security issues for senior officials, Overseas Security Advisers, Heads of Post and DHMs. Prepare briefings for and attend Security Directors Reviews. Support delivery of Security Training courses, including the monthly Post Security Officer training.
- Additional corporate duty(ies) to be discussed on appointment but can be anything including budgets, or other projects that may be tasked by the team leader or Head of OST.
We all have a responsibility to embrace the changes of the FCDO as it transforms, building the culture we want to see and delivering our cultural statement in how we lead and behave towards others; how we make decisions and how we get the job done is everyone?s responsibility.
In this role you will also be responsible for:
- Maintaining an overview of security threats and reporting over assigned directorates.
- Managing, assigning and monitoring the progress of recommendations made by our Overseas Security Advisers (OSAs).
- Feeding in to and managing Travel Risk Assessments (TRAs) and Security Incident Reports (SIRs) from posts, consulting with OSAs to ensure clear ESND-S advice.
- Preparing briefing on security issues for senior officials, Overseas Security Advisers, Heads of Post and DHMs.
If you are interested in this role, please apply below.