Up to £17.06 per hour
3 months ago
We are recruiting an Executive Assistant to Director of Harwell Campus Business Development and Clusters. This a temporary contract role with the possibility of Temp to Perm opportunity after initial 6 month contract.
Hours: Full time 37.5 (We understand the importance of work-life balance, and are happy to discuss the possibility of flexible working with applicants)
Hybrid working opportunities.
Location: Harwell - Oxfordshire
Pay rate: £17.06 per hour
About the Role:
The Business and Innovation Department are looking to appoint an EA to the Director of Clusters and Campus Development. The purpose of this role is to assist the Director with carrying out their role, professionally and knowledgeably representing the Director with all aspects of their very busy and demanding role and dealing with high-level external interfaces. The Director leads the Cluster and Campus Development team who are based at both Harwell and Daresbury; however, this role is based at Harwell.
- Managing the Director's diary, prioritising their schedule to optimise time effectively. Organise inter/national travel and provide detailed travel itineraries including booking flights, hotels, taxis, trains and arrangement of Visa's where needed. Proactively planning activities in advance wherever possible.
- Managing the Director's email correspondence and where possible responding on their behalf, ensuring that appropriate action is taken, and complete confidentiality is adhered to at all times.
- Ensuring the Director is properly briefed and prepared for all meetings, events and visits which will require written briefings using gathered inputs from relevant sources and colleagues.
- Regularly producing presentations and providing input for strategic documents, ensuring all content and figures are up to date and accurate.
- Organising meetings and various events, booking rooms, registering visitors, organising catering and where needed attending to take notes/minutes to track and follow up on actions. Being on hand at events to ensure that everything runs efficiently and to troubleshoot any issues as they arise.
- Assisting with the Director's workload ensuring that targets and deadlines are met and where possible taking forward actions/projects on their behalf.
- Previous experience of similar role or background in supporting a senior role.
- Experience in dealing with a high-volume mailbox.
- Good influencing skills with the ability to develop positive working relationships with a variety of stakeholders at various levels.
- Good problem-solving skills and willingness to come up with innovative methods of working.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products - particularly Word, Excel, and Outlook and able to learn to use other IT systems.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Good minute-taking skills and excellent grammar.
- Able to work well with minimal supervision and use initiative.
- Ability to prioritise well and stay calm under pressure.
To apply, please submit your CV. We look forward to hearing from you.