Up to £16.57 per hour
3 months ago
Position: Executive Officer - Detained Medical Reports Team
Contract: Temporary, 6 months with a possibility of extension to 12 months
Hours: 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm
Hybrid working: As soon as training is completed and able to work independently
Pay rate: £16.57 per hour
Locations: Croydon, Lunar House
Start date: January 2024, as soon as security clearance has been passed
Our client, the Home Office is recruiting Executive Officer Caseworkers for the Detained Medical Reports team working in Immigration.
Key Skills and experience
- Able to access information against existing policies and processes.
- Able to gather and analyse information.
- Able to draft decision letters and letters of reason for decision based on evidence provided.
- Supporting colleagues with queries and escalations where necessary.
- Being proactive in keeping up to date with the most relevant policy and guidance.
- Excellent organisational and mailbox management skills.
- Championing inclusivity, embrace individual differences and challenge discriminatory behaviours.
- Taking responsibility for your own development needs, maintaining and building your knowledge of policies and processes.
- Promoting staff development to ensure that team members have the required skills to succeed in their roles.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with colleagues across the business.
- Effective communication (both verbal and written) with a good standard of English
- Process information and work at pace
- IT proficient
- Holiday restrictions during training period: No holidays during the first 4 weeks of training.
- Full training is 3 weeks and then training will be on-the-job.
- Training will mostly take place in office.
- Access to shops in Croydon
- Good public transport - train, bus, tram
- Public car park
In order to apply for the role you must have a valid Passport, 2 proofs of address, proof of NI, and must have resided in the UK for the last 5 years.
At Brook Street, we believe that by harnessing diversity of thought and experience across our company, exceptional things happen. We continually strive for a highly diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone feels valued, listened to and able to discover their personal best.
Brook Street is a Disability Confident Leader, and we have also hold Gold Award status from the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme.
Our supply of Contingent Workers to the Public Sector Resourcing Framework (PSR) has driven us to take further steps in supporting candidates with disabilities or veterans. Through our Guaranteed Interview Scheme, we offer candidates with disabilities and veteran who meet the stipulated criteria for the role, a guaranteed interview with a PSR Sourcer.
Should you identify as a candidate with a disability or as a veteran, we encourage you to reach out to us via the Brook Street website. Here you will find a link to register your interest and the role that you are interested in. We are committed to engaging with you.
Throughout the application process we will discuss any reasonable adjustments needed. Your comfort and accessibility are of utmost importance to us, and we are eager to ensure a seamless communication journey.