Newcastle upon Tyne
Up to £14.5 per hour
3 months ago
Position: Executive Officer - Tactical Surge Team: National Deployment Officer
Contract: Temporary, 6 months with a possibility of extension
Hours: 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Pay rate: £14.50 per hour
Locations: Newcastle, Sheffield, Liverpool, Solihull, Leeds, Stoke, Durham, Manchester, Cardiff
You need to be fully flexible and be able to do all of the following:
- Work away from home on a regular basis Monday to Friday (deployment staying in a hotel)
- Travel to base location if and when needed (ad hoc, hybrid, full-time)
- Work from home (have good internet and a space to work from home)
The client will pay for train travel and hotel accommodation and provide a daily expenses allowance for food when working away from home.
Start date: As soon as security clearance has been passed
Would you like to be part of the national Tactical Surge Team supporting your colleagues across the business? Tactical Surge Units quickly prioritise and deploy support to teams during surge or crisis periods. This will involve UK-wide travel on a regular basis, but also offers you an opportunity to gain a wide range of skills in various departments at the Home Office.
Key Skills and experience
- Supporting colleagues with complex queries and escalations where necessary.
- Being proactive in keeping up to date with the most relevant policy and guidance.
- Exhibit excellent organisational and mailbox management skills.
- Championing inclusivity, embrace individual differences and challenge discriminatory behaviours.
- Taking responsibility for your own development needs, maintaining and building your knowledge of policies and processes.
- Promoting staff development to ensure that team members have the required skills to succeed in their roles.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with colleagues across the business.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills (both verbal and written)
- Professional and customer-focused attitude, ability to understand the needs of the customers
- Emotionally resilient
- Process information and work at pace
- Working in a busy environment whilst maintaining a high-quality customer service
- Ability to work in a changing environment focused on Service Level agreements
- Holiday restrictions during training period: No holidays during the first 6 weeks of training.
- Induction will be during the first week from home. You will then be informed where you will be deployed to.
In order to apply for the role you must have a valid Passport, 2 proofs of address, proof of NI, and must have resided in the UK for the last 5 years.
At Brook Street, we believe that by harnessing diversity of thought and experience across our company, exceptional things happen. We continually strive for a highly diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone feels valued, listened to and able to discover their personal best.
Brook Street is a Disability Confident Leader, and we have also hold Gold Award status from the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme.
Our supply of Contingent Workers to the Public Sector Resourcing Framework (PSR) has driven us to take further steps in supporting candidates with disabilities or veterans. Through our Guaranteed Interview Scheme, we offer candidates with disabilities and veteran who meet the stipulated criteria for the role, a guaranteed interview with a PSR Sourcer.
Should you identify as a candidate with a disability or as a veteran, we encourage you to reach out to us via the Brook Street website. Here you will find a link to register your interest and the role that you are interested in. We are committed to engaging with you.
Throughout the application process we will discuss any reasonable adjustments needed. Your comfort and accessibility are of utmost importance to us, and we are eager to ensure a seamless communication journey.