Up to £13.54 per hour + Onsite Car Parking
3 months ago
Brook Street are working in partnership with The Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) in their search for Executive Officers.
Assignment Length: Currently running until 31/03/24 with the possibility to extend
Pay rate: £13.54 at an hourly rate, paid weekly
Working arrangements: Full Time - Monday-Friday (37 hours per week) Hybrid Working: 3 Days Working from Office, 2 Days Working from Home Per Week
Parking: On-Site Parking
Star Date: ASAP - SC required - Start Date TBC (ASAP)
Location: Abercrombie House, East Kilbride, G75 8EA
The jobholder will be expected to carry out several of the responsibilities listed below, dependant on the MinTOC team the jobholder is assigned to:
- Manage correspondence on eCase and effectively contribute to achievement of clearance targets by logging Ministerial and Treat Official correspondence and completing allocation to appropriate Hubs within 5 working days of receipt.
- Understand the drafting process and acquire skills needed to produce high quality drafts within designated timescales.
- Manage inward and outward transfers within FCDO for correspondence ensuring we reply to Other Government Departments (OGDs) requests within two days where possible. Action transfers as soon as possible, providing maximum timescale for teams to meet deadlines.
- Manage FCDO correspondence mailbox, and triage and distribute correspondence within 24 hours of receipt.
- Use data to inform and challenge the overall delivery within the unit to assist with internal understanding of workloads and performance.
- Produce daily MI reports for Team Leader and Management Team highlighting deadlines met/not met.
- Liaise with teams across FCDO, enabling you to develop a political awareness over a wide range of foreign policy issues, as well as an understanding of parliamentary procedures and Ministers' priorities.
We are looking for someone with:
- Good customer service skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail
- An ability to work methodically and effectively through a large volume of work, who can organise their workload according to priority
- The ability to collaborate with a diverse range of colleagues and stakeholders.
- A basic knowledge of excel and Microsoft software
- Confidence in dealing with numbers (National 5 C or above equivalent)
- A willingness to learn new skills
- The successful candidate will have a strong admin background, a keen eye for detail and can work independently as well as part of a team.
Due to the nature of the role, you will be required to undergo a high-level security check prior to starting the position. We require SC cleared candidates or candidates willing to go through SC clearance and are aware the process can take 6-8 weeks. To apply for this role you must have a valid British passport and be able to supply all relevant right to work documents as well as 3 years previous work history.