Up to £16.57 per hour
23 days ago
We are hiring for the position of Executive Officer !
Location: Feltham, London, TW14 8HA
Salary: £16,57 per hour
Contract: Temporary, 6-month with the possibility of extension. Full time, Monday to Friday: 9:00 to 17:00, 37 hours per week, hybrid working at least 3 days in the office
Brook Street in partnership with the Home Office has a fantastic opportunity to join the Litigation Team. As a litigation caseworker you will work in the Upper Tribunal and High Court. You may also be involved in cases progressing to the Court of Appeal and Supreme Court.
- Assessing challenges set out in pre-action protocol correspondence or judicial review claims against UK immigration legislation, policies, procedures, and on immigration applications.
- Responding to pre-action protocol correspondence and referring to operational areas for action to remedy original errors.
- Escalating policy or procedural issues from pre-action protocol correspondence, judicial review claims and private law damages claims.
- Liaising with and instructing government lawyers to an agreed course of action in managing litigation, and approving grounds of defence on behalf of Secretary of State for the Home Department.
- Supporting government lawyers and counsel on defending cases at the oral or substantive hearing stages, securing witness statements when needed.
- Deciding when cases should be settled and working with stakeholders to secure financial authority, to ensure best cost outcomes.
- Liaising with and providing advice to decision makers and supporting in learning lessons from legal challenges.
- Maintaining accurate records of activities/work completed across a range of systems.
Essential skills & Criteria:
- Organisation, able to plan and are well prepared, maximising time and productivity
- Precision, detailed focused ensuring everything is accurate and error free
- Able to anticipate and avoid problems before they occur
- Able to use their judgement and take considered approach to situations and tasks when making decisions
- Establishing mutual respect and trust building relationships internally and externally
- Highly motivated and inspire others to achieve target goals
- Resilience with an inner composure to recover and learn quickly from setbacks
- Responsible ownership for own decisions and accountable for what has been delivered
- Supporting others in leading change
- Analysing complex information identifying errors and irregularities
- Good communication with a particular emphasis on excellent drafting skills
- Complying with set standards and applying relevant guidance and case law
- Making high quality decisions in a changing and time pressured environment
- A university degree OR recent experience of complex case working in a government litigation team, OR significant litigation experience in a government case working team
- Good customer service skills
- Ability to follow set standards and follow guidance
- Good IT skills (including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Training & Drafting:
Leave must be kept to a minimum in the first 4-6 weeks. Training consists of e-learning, core sessions and mentoring lasting 3 months. Employees should not have holidays during this period unless for exceptional circumstances.
Free shuttle bus service from Hatton Cross and Feltham stations. A café serves the Bedfont Lakes Business Park.
You will need a valid passport, 2 x proofs of address, proof of NI, and must have been living in the UK for the last 5 years.
Brook Street are proud to support the Armed Forces Covenant and as such, we guarantee to interview all candidates who are veterans or spouses/partners of military personnel, and who meet all the essential criteria for the vacancy.
As a Disability Confident Leader, and holder of the Gold Award status from the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme, Brook Street, as a supplier to the Public Sector Resourcing Framework (PSR), will offer you a guaranteed interview with a PSR Sourcer.
Should you identify as a candidate with a disability and/or as a veteran or spouse/partner of military personnel and meet all the essential criteria for the role, we encourage you to reach out to us via the Brook Street website. Here you will find a link to register your interest and state the role that you are interested in. We are committed to engaging with you.
In cases where we have a high volume of ex-military candidates/military spouses/partners, who meet all of the essential criteria, Brook Street will interview the best candidates from within that group.