£14.50 - £16.57 per hour
26 days ago
3 to 6 months
We are hiring for the position of Executive Officer !
Salary: £14.50 London weighting at 16,57 per hour
Contract: Temporary, 3 to 6-month to be reviewed
Working Hours: Full time, Monday to Friday: 9:00 to 17:00 with some flexibility, 37 hours per week
Brook Street in partnership with the Home Office has a fantastic opportunity to join the Digital Data and Technology (DDaT) Team.
As a Business Management Support Officer, you will work collaboratively within your Business Management Team and with Senior Managers to support the provision of business support activity and will include stakeholder engagement across the Portfolio/Function. You will support resource management and workforce planning, support communications, planning and scheduling, monitoring, and reporting, governance, overseeing financial processes and business continuity within your Portfolio/Function.
- Monitor the functional mailbox for the team, dealing with the police and Public Protection Onboarding and Offboarding, prompting staff for responses and deadlines and escalating correspondence.
- Providing support for the team in onboarding new starters and ensuring they receive appropriate clearance, IT, and induction, providing support for the team in offboarding leavers ensuring procedures are adhered to and IT kit is returned and maintain distribution lists with new joiners and leavers.
- Support for recruitment processes and staff changes as required.
- Supporting the delivery of team and corporate events, support the development of systems and processes and build and maintain effective relationships with other DDaT Business Management Teams.
- Support maintenance of SharePoint sites and pages and contribute to effective information management.
- Being proactive in supporting leadership, driving improvement in working processes and delivery of learning and development as well as coordinating and assuring the completion of mandated training, advising Line Managers and staff on mandated and role-specific training requirements.
- Maintain business continuity call tree list and support call tree exercises.
- Provide Risk Management administrative support as and when required.
- Provide support and information to aid effective management of budgets and maintaining financial records.
- Document information relating to assets including identification, classification, and specification of all items. Oversee monthly audits.
- Working as part of a team but able to work independently, to plan and prioritise your work and asking for support when needed.
- Demonstrating an ability to make effective decisions. Identifying potential risks, suggesting mitigating solutions and escalating in a timely manner.
- Working at pace in a fast-moving environment to meet defined deadlines.
- Engaging and working with a range of stakeholders, building effective working relationships.
- Communicating effectively, adapting your style depending on the audience and channel.
- Demonstrating IT proficiency in standard Microsoft applications e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Communicating and influencing
- Delivering at pace
- Working together
- Managing a quality service
- Making effective decisions
No holidays within the first 3 weeks of starting. The team will spend 2 to 3 days on training and the successful applicant will have a week to understand the transactional processes.
You will need a valid passport, 2 x proofs of address, proof of NI, and must have been living in the UK for the last 5 years.
Brook Street are proud to support the Armed Forces Covenant and as such, we guarantee to interview all candidates who are veterans or spouses/partners of military personnel, and who meet all the essential criteria for the vacancy.
As a Disability Confident Leader, and holder of the Gold Award status from the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme, Brook Street, as a supplier to the Public Sector Resourcing Framework (PSR), will offer you a guaranteed interview with a PSR Sourcer.
Should you identify as a candidate with a disability and/or as a veteran or spouse/partner of military personnel and meet all the essential criteria for the role, we encourage you to reach out to us via the Brook Street website. Here you will find a link to register your interest and state the role that you are interested in. We are committed to engaging with you.
In cases where we have a high volume of ex-military candidates/military spouses/partners, who meet all of the essential criteria, Brook Street will interview the best candidates from within that group.