Job Role: Executive Officer
Hours: 36 hours per week
REPORTS TO: Financial Accountant
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Supporting capital budget holders in relation to their capital budget and in the provision of administrative support for the section.
* Provide advice and support to budget holders in relation to their capital budget.
* Monitor and provide accurate and timely information relating to individual budgets and expenditure.
* Provide administrative support within the Finance Section.
* Assist the Financial Accountant in the development and supply of technical solutions for all capital budget holders and assist in identifying expenditure to be capitalised at year end.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
General Administrative Processes and Records
To provide guidance, advice and support to capital budget holders in all aspects of budget management. This will include:
- Building, profiling and monitoring budgets;
- Upload budgets to the EA's Oracle Financial system and maintain budget profiles on a monthly basis;
- Provision of timely and accurate budget and expenditure reports to budget holders;
- Analysis of reasons for adverse variances against budgets;
- Investigating and responding to queries raised by budget holders.
Assist in the provision of Budgetary and Financial information including:
- Allocation of budgets to all budget holders within the Education Authority;
- Production of budgetary control reports for budget holders and Committees and returns to DE;
- Provision of technical support to budget holders for all Oracle and Real Asset Management based financial systems;
- Preparation of spreadsheets and databases on the office support systems to enhance the quality of information provided to budget holders;
- Identification of all expenditure on the acquisition and creation of a fixed asset to be capitalised on an accruals basis;
- Maintain an accurate and up to date register of the EA's fixed assets
- Development of IT solutions for budgetary and financial control needs to ensure efficient service delivery;
- Responsible for the provision of administrative support for the section specifically in relation to capital expenditure to be uploaded to the EA's fixed asset register, and processing of journals to assist in producing the Annual Accounts.
* Assist in the specification and development of reports for budget holders on the Oracle and Real Asset Management financial systems;
* Provide Help Desk Contact for users of Oracle Financial Systems;
* Supervision of clerical staff;
- Undertake other duties within Finance Department as determined by Financial Accountant.
* Assist/train temporary staff/work placement students/new staff in support of the Finance Service.
* Promote and adhere to the values/ethos of the Education Authority.
If you are interested please feel free to call Aalia on 01895 204509 or email on .
I look forward to hearing from you!