Our client located in Preston city centre, is seeking a Senior Administrative Officer to work for the North-West Stakeholder Engagement Team. The role is full-time Monday-Friday for 37 hours each week.
The purpose of the role is to ensure efficient and effective business support and operational administrative services are provided to the Division, Function or Cluster.
The jobholder will support the Business Manager to ensure effective compliance with Health, Safety and Fire Regulations, acting as Single Point of Contact / Estates Liaison Officer for the buildings from which they operate.
In line with NPS policies and procedures, the job holder must at all times demonstrate a commitment to equality and inclusion and an understanding of their relevance to the work they do.
The post holder must adhere to all policies in respect of the sensitive/confidential nature of the information handled whilst working in this position.
Duties will include, yet are not limited to:
* Development and implementation of business administration systems, databases and recording systems to support operational probation delivery.
* Preparation and collation of a range of documentation for a variety of purposes to support effective divisional, functional or cluster business activity and operational probation delivery
* Maintenance of ( or supporting the relevant Business Manager to maintain) Divisional, functional or cluster Registers such as Serious Further Offences, Freedom of Information, Accidents, Complaints, inputting data, monitoring agreed probation processes and ensuring completion in specified timescales
* Collection and distribution of monies to/from Imprest, and maintenance of related records.
* Act as Vetting Contact Point for the relevant division, function or cluster
* Monitor Travel Warrants, Bus passes, cheque book requests and assist with Purchase Orders where required, and within the agreed procurement arrangements
* Attend meetings and events to represent the relevant Business Manager as agreed from time to time
Health, Safety & Fire
* Ensure the timely reporting of problems, including repairs, defects and security issues with the building(s) to facilities contractors and maintain progress to reach satisfactory conclusions and ensure equipment is in good working order.
* Undertake and co-ordinate health and safety risk assessments, fire drills and ergonomic assessments at the relevant sites, or ensure they are undertaken. Reporting issues locally and to the Divisional HS&F Manager. Maintaining registers and coordinating training.
* Act as Cardinus Assessor, First Aider and Fire Warden and take forward actions to deal with local issues arising from incidents and DSE Assessments, or ensure that there are sufficient people able to undertake these roles at the relevant sites.
Effectively Manage and Develop staff
* To provide effective management and leadership to the team
* To proactively manage staff development, issues of underperformance, attendance, health and safety, employee relations and diversity matters. Adopt a consistent, fair and objective standpoint when making decisions in relation to individual staff issues
* Contribute to relevant training and development events as a trainer
* Support recruitment activity for relevant posts within the cluster/division
Use communication effectively
* Write reports to support the effective operation of the Division/Cluster/Function
* Participate in meetings where appropriate, using appropriate skills, styles and approaches
* Contribute to the management of the Division/Cluster/Function