UK Visas and Citizenship (UK VCS) is responsible for making millions of decisions every year about who has the right to visit or stay in the country, with a firm emphasis on national security and a culture of customer satisfaction for people who come here legally. We contribute to achieving the Home Office`s priorities of securing our borders and reducing immigration, cutting crime, and protecting our citizens from terrorism.
The Croydon Decision Making Centre based within UKVI International is one of the largest decision-making centres in the world. We are responsible for running the UK`s visa service and manage around 3 million applications a year from overseas nationals who wish to come to the UK to visit.
Brook Street is presently recruiting for Executive Officer Decision Makers (EODMs)
EODMs play an important role in ensuring that the immigration regulations are correctly and fairly applied to all overseas applications for a UK visa so that only those who qualify are able to enter the UK. EODMs are expected to analyse information to make decisions which can sometimes be complex to ensure that a modern, efficient, and courteous service is delivered within agreed standards.
These roles lead on frontline operations and play a critical role in supporting the UK's international visa and risk management regime. It is essential that EODMs are able to work to very tight deadlines, while still producing high quality work. Staff will also need to be able to communicate, both in writing and orally, in a clear and concise manner and must be able to make sound decisions with minimal supervision.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring that applications are processed within agreed service standards; escalating potential delays to an Entry Clearance Manager (ECM) as required
- Making careful and robust decisions having taken full account of relevant risk profiles and completing additional enrichment activity as appropriate
- Meeting local productivity benchmarks for processing all categories/types of applications
- Representing UKVI and the Home Office positively by acting professionally and with integrity with all internal and external partners and stakeholders to promote common aims
- Line management of Administrate Officers or Administrative Officer Decision Makers
- Whilst these roles will primarily be focussed on the processing of overseas visa applications there may be some occasions when staff will be required to assist with case working in other parts of UK VCS in Sheffield/Liverpool.
Successful candidates will be based in the office Croydon. The pay rate is £14.84 per hour. The hours are Monday to Friday 9:00 to 17:00 (5 days / 37 hours per week). Please note that these hours are non-negotiable. The role is temporary - ongoing, with a 3 month probationary period. Your job offer would be subject to a successful SC clearance. Hence you must have a valid passport, 2 proof of address and proof of NI. You ideally should have been living in the UK within the last 5 years.
To note, for this role candidates will be expected to attend an 8-10 day EODM course followed by a 3-5 week period of mentoring with informal knowledge checks and ability assessed throughout. The course and mentoring will be held in Croydon.