My Public Sector client is currently recruiting for an Executive Officer to join their business on a temporary assignment. This role will be working within the Courts. Below is a brief description of what the role entails, Please read it through to ensure this role would meet your capabilities.
* Manage the courtrooms to ensure that cases are dealt with promptly in liaison with judiciary, legal profession and staff and to ensure that all subsequent results are accurately & promptly recorded in line with targets. Also to ensure that all ancillary duties are carried out effectively.
Key responsibilities -
* To ensure that a comprehensive log is kept of representation orders and that a judge's report is available at all sentence hearings.
* To ensure that applications for representation orders are checked and approved upon authorisation of Judge.
* To determine accurately witnesses expenses within target times and provide written reasons upon request when required in accordance with guidelines.
* Process general correspondence within target and in particular procedural deadlines for any resulting amendments.
* Ensure compliance with financial and operational risk management policies when determining and processing costs in accordance with department guidelines.
* To ensure efficient through put of listed work in the allocated court room on a daily basis, giving appropriate support to judiciary and keeping the List Office and other agencies fully appraised of developments when necessary.
* To meet with the Judge before sitting and to be available in Court as required.
* To maintain full recording of hearings using the DARTS technology ensuring accurate audio allocation to correct cases.
This is a temporary contract which is anticipated to last for six months, however this may potentially extend with business needs.
This is a full-time role, which will require you to work 37 hours per week across Monday - Friday. You will be based in Wolverhampton.
You will be paid £10.21ph on a weekly basis, one week in hand which increases to £10.97ph after 12 working weeks.
If your application is successful, we will need to process a Basic DBS check and complete 3 years referencing. IF you don't already have a Basic DBS in place we can get one processed for you. This would mean you need to pay an upfront cost of £23 which would then be fully refunded to you within 4-6 weeks of being in the role.
If you do not hear back within 5 days of applying, this does mean that your application has been unsuccessful. Due to the volume of applications, we are unable to provide feedback on your application.