Our public sector client is looking for a temporary worker to join their team as an executive officer. This is initially a temporary role until March 2023, with the chance of an extension. This is a full-time position, 37 hours per week, Monday - Friday. You will work around the hours of 9am-5pm (this may differ from court to court). The pay rate for this position is £13.01 per hour.
Your day-to-day responsibilities for this role will be to ensure there is a smooth running of court hearings. Your role as a court clerk will require a high level of customer service, communication and use of your initiative. Your duties will not be restricted to the following:
- Managing court rooms
- Ensuring cases are dealt with promptly and in an appropriate manner
- Supporting judges appropriately
- Meeting with judiciary beforehand
- Maintaining full recordings of hearings
- To sit in court on a day to day basis and ensure cases are called in on time and all parties are in court at an appropriate time
- Correct phraseology used for arraignment, empanelling, taking verdicts
- To maintain the court files
- Carry out 100% HMCTS assurance programme compliance of all Resulting and ensure appropriate risks are identified and managed
- Ensure appropriate codes of conduct are applied in the court room
- To ensure that obligations under the Victim Code and the standards under the Witness Charter are complied with
- Ensure all court users are treated fairly and with respect
- Ensure that appropriate files are passed to administration teams within agreed target times
The ideal candidate for this role will have strong customer service skills.
The successful candidate will be subject to a DBS check due to the nature of the role. If this position is something you would be interested in please apply for more information.