Location: Hybrid Working from Home and from Head Office at Lancaster House, Hampshire Court, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE4 7YH
Rate of Pay: £12.95ph
Hours: Full time 9am-5pm
Start Date: ASAP
My client at Marine Management Organisation, is looking for an Executive Officer - Grants Case Manager to join their team as soon as possible. If you feel you have the right experience and skills to join the team, please apply below.
- Proactively manage a diverse portfolio of grant projects to ensure they are delivered in line with rules and regulations.
- Manage own caseload effectively and ensure that all associated systems and spreadsheets are maintained promptly and accurately
- Ensure knowledge of scheme rules and regulation is up to date and apply this in making robust and consistent decisions on applications for grant funding
- Deliver important messages ensuring time-frames and key milestones are relayed with project leads.
- Contribute to the production of reports on commitment and spend across the scheme.
- Attend meetings and represent the Grants team at stakeholder events.
- Provide support and offer advice to newer team members
- Liaise with key stakeholders within MMO and externally including MCA, Defra Policy, and industry representative to build effective working relationships, offering support and guidance to stakeholders through all forms of correspondence
- Advise applicants and their representatives about relevant regulatory frameworks and project-specific issues.
- Work with applicants and their representatives to resolve complex issues and ensure that projects remain in line with eligibility criteria.
- Maintain relationships with industry representatives and develop effective ways of working together.
- Encourage and invite applications for grant funding across the scheme and in particular areas of the scheme where volume targets are not being met
- Engage with Maritime and Coastguard Agency and enforcement officers to inform monitoring and compliance activities
- Manage projects to improve processes and guidance.
- Contribute to internal policy development and to the design of systems and processes.
- Highlight areas of potential improvement and contribute to the solution implementation.
- The ability to plan and prioritise your workload to ensure commitment and spend is achieved in line with regulatory targets.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, in writing, over the phone and in group situations.
- Ability to understand and interpret complex legislation/regulations and apply them to a range of practical situations.
- Ability to work independently to deliver results within prescribed timescales.
- Strong analytical skills, to produce business focused resolutions.
- Strong IT skills with a good working knowledge of all Microsoft packages particularly Excel.