Government Legal Department Paralegal EO level
Mon- Fri 9am-5pm £9.51ph rising to £12.38 after 12 weeks
Leeds City Centre location
We are the government's principal legal advisers. Our core purpose is to help the government to govern well, within the rule of law.
We do this by providing legal advice on the development, design and implementation of government policies and decisions, drafting secondary legislation and working with Parliamentary Counsel on primary legislation, and representing the government in court.
The Temporary Worker will provide junior management support and carry out administrative duties that are moderately complex. Administrative experience with great organisation and a good knowledge of and experience in using all Microsoft Office packages, including excel (experience of using pivot tables/formulas/charts), and Outlook- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Able to operate effectively under own initiative and within a team.
The job description broadly covers the following tasks/responsibilities:
1) Diary Management
- Regular monitoring of Strategic Relationship Manager's (SRM) incoming emails
- Efficient in using Outlook to book SRM's meetings, 1-2-1s, team meetings, rooms, teleconferences and providing supporting papers on request.
- Sending out communication(s) on behalf of SRM
- Booking travel/hotels to ensure SRM is at right place at the right time - efficiently and cost effectively
- Providing telephone cover, by answering the telephone.
- Providing support as required to SRM
- Acting as a greeter to visitors for the SRM - collecting visitors.
- Providing IT Support to SRM
- Providing support to SRM for All Staff Events/ away days
- To support the SRM in answering enquiries from suppliers and customer departments
- To support the SRM in maintaining up to date and accurate management information
- Promoting up take of value-added services
- Obtaining and collating customer feedback
2) To provide business support to the Panel Services (GLAS) Management team.
-Booking travel/hotels (immediately when required)
- To write concise and accurate minutes of meetings
-Booking meetings 1-2-1s, team meetings, rooms papers on request.
-Research activities as required on behalf of the team
-Circulation of correspondence to support CLGp in effectively, delivering operational & corporate contribution.
-Specific wider group tasks that are agreed on an individual basis
If this sounds like the ideal role for your please click apply or call Siobhan on 01274307569