We have an exciting temporary opportunity to work at the Maritime and Coastguard Agency in central Southampton, for an Executive Personal Assistant.
- Provides the full range of executive personal assistant, administrative and secretarial support to the chief Executive and some support to the Non-Executive Chairman including ensuring an appropriate balance of support is provided; diary management; correspondence and email management, meeting arrangements, travel management, provision of administrative duties, general office cover for telephones and hosting visitors.
- Ensures activity is redirected to wherever appropriate and adheres to relevant processes and procedures
- Produces minutes/a record of meetings as requested by the Chief Executive, communicates outcomes and ensures that follow up action is taken
- Acts appropriately and independently as the situation requires with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, understands the confidential nature of the role
- Builds relationships with other business areas through personal contacts and through gaining a reputation for high quality of work and dependability
- Works with the rest of the Office of the Chairman & Chief Executive team to ensure effective delivery of work, including providing cross-cover support
- Ensures that the the Chief Executive and Non-Executive Chairman are fully prepared for all activities undertaken in the course of their day to day activities, including writing, commissioning, co-ordinating and quality assuring briefings as necessary
- Provides a conduit between the Chief Executive, staff and external stakeholders
- Ensures that appropriate processes are in place to ensure that the day to day administrative requirements such as expenses, travel and accommodation bookings and all appointments are managed effectively for the Chief Executive and Non-Executive Chairman
- Prepares papers and presentations as directed
- Liaison/co-ordination and monitoring of requests as they arise within; prioritises tasks/activities and interactions; pro-actively manages the Chief Executive's diary to reflect work priorities and key objectives
- Liaises with the Non-Executive Chairman Personal Assistant to mange diary arrangements and travel
Features of the role:
- Working hours are Monday-Friday, 9am to 5pm, long temporary on-going assignment
- Pay rate: £10.21/hr for the first 12 weeks, after that it will go up to £13.54 / hour, 37.30 standard hours/week
Location: Spring Place, Southampton, SO15 1EG
*The offered candidate will be subject to a dbs check and a vetting.