Finance Executive Assistant
Monday to Friday 9-5
Temporary assignment until Dec 2022 with a possible extension
The purpose of this role is to help our Deputy Directors make the best use of their time, supporting them to plan and prioritise effectively, and act as the first point of contact for the Deputy Director's key stakeholders. Flexibility, willingness to get stuck in and a can-do attitude will all be important.
You will be one of three Executive Assistants providing support to six Deputy Directors in a large, busy directorate.
We all have a responsibility to embrace the changes as it transforms, building the culture we want to see and delivering our cultural statement in how we lead and behave towards others; how we make decisions and how we get the job done is everyone's responsibility.
In this role you will also be responsible for:
- Acting as the first point of contact for the two Deputy Director (DD's) - successfully managing inbox and telephone contact to ensure the DD is aware of all correspondence, and communicating all urgent and time sensitive actions directly.
- Effective management of diaries - arranging meetings, printing, collating and distributing papers - ensuring confidentiality at all times. This involves Inbox management as necessary and delegating e-mails on the DD's behalf.
- Organising travel and hotel bookings and arranging logistics for departmental meetings and other events in your department.
- Maintain strong working relationships across your team, taking responsibility for specific deliverables as required by the DD.
- Provide leave cover for other admin support in the department
Diary management/ PA experience is needed to be successful.
Please note to due to working within the Government you will have to undergo a national security clearance which can take up to 6 weeks.