We are delighted to be recruiting a Personal Assistant on behalf of our reputable Public Sector Client based in Belfast.
1. To act as Personal Assistant to the Assistant Director & two Heads of Service to ensure the effective and efficient management of the workload of the office in order to facilitate the coherent delivery of services in accordance with EA policy and procedures.
2. To be responsible for the development, management, implementation and maintenance of comprehensive administrative support to the Assistant Director & Heads of Service.
3. To ensure that the Assistant Director & Heads of Service are equipped and briefed prior to meetings and is kept fully informed of pertinent issues.
4. To action and process correspondence, including that of a highly confidential and sensitive nature and draft responses.
5. To manage the diary and work flow of the Assistant Director & Heads of Service, schedule meetings as appropriate and compile agenda and papers for meetings.
6. To provide a secretarial service for specific meetings attended by the Assistant Director & Heads of Service which includes the issuing of agendas, papers and minutes of meetings and implementing follow-up actions.
7. To provide administrative support to committees, working groups and panels serviced by the Assistant Director & Heads of Service, undertake research as requested, draft minutes and papers when required.
8. Liaise with Assistant Directors, other Directors and Personal Assistants as required.
9. To assist the Assistant Director & Heads of Service in liaising with a wide range of stakeholders and contacts.
10. To support the Assistant Director & Heads of Service in the co-ordination of consultation responses to various bodies.
11. To liaise with the Department of Education in respect of matters relating to the Directorate.
12. To receive and deal with enquiries relating to administrative matters, from a wide range of internal and external contacts and make arrangements for more complex enquiries to be referred to appropriate officers.
13. To use own initiative to respond positively to issues which arise.
14. To undertake other reasonable duties appropriate to the grade.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate how they meet the following criteria:
a) hold a relevant third level qualification (HNC or above) AND a minimum of three years? experience of providing a high quality PA/administrative support service to senior management including responsibility for:
? Co-ordination and supervision of the administrative workload of an office;
? Diary management;
? Drafting of correspondence;
? Preparation and dissemination of papers for meetings;
? Minute-taking for senior management, committee or working group meetings; and
? Maintaining effective records in line with policy and procedures.
b) have a minimum of five years? experience of providing high quality PA/administrative support to senior management including responsibility for the areas set out at criterion (i) above.
c) demonstrate a high level of IT literacy including experience of Microsoft Office and Outlook.
In addition to the above, candidates must also be able to demonstrate at interview the under noted knowledge, skills and personal qualities:
? Excellent oral and written communication skills.
? Proven ability to successfully plan, prioritise and manage the work of yourself and others within required timescales.
? Proven ability to demonstrate initiative, work flexibly and resolve complex matters with minimal direction and supervision.
? Proven ability to develop and maintain good working relationships at a range of levels including senior management level.
? Proven ability to exercise discretion in dealing with confidential or sensitive matters.
£10.70 per hour
Please contact us on 028 90 881100 to discuss this opportunity