I am recruiting for an experienced Ocean Freight Logistics Export Operative/Coordinator based near Birmingham Airport; this is an exciting opportunity to work for a 'family feel' Logistics company where it is all about delivering the best customer service and they are offering a competitive salary for the right candidate.
You will be responsible for the logistics of exporting goods via sea freight. This will include the booking/planning of transport, the completion of all documentation and solving problems as they arise, at all times building relationships and keeping your suppliers and the clients updated.
My client is a leading British logistics provider headquartered in Birmingham. They have the credibility and a reputation that allows them to continue to expand within the UK and worldwide using their global infrastructure of partnerships and agents. They operate ocean freight and air freight services with a balanced portfolio of inbound and outbound blue-chip clients with an emphasis on the technological solutions that they offer.
TYPICAL DAILY JOB DUTIES - WHAT ARE YOU RESPONSIBLE FOR?
- Arrange haulage with shipping line/hauliers.
- Using internal systems to create documentation that will enable freight to be moved to customer specifications, on time with all the necessary customs and legal documentation, including:
- Creating and updating freight bookings
- Raise customs documentation to ensure the freight can move from country to country
- Collate all documents and distribute them to customers and carriers, as required
- Preparing, processing and checking of invoices within specified deadlines prior to dispatch
- Develop and build relationships to ensure a high level of customer service is provided to clients
- Ensure pre-alert documents are on hand prior to vessel arrival
- Ensure requests and queries are resolved and actioned quickly and efficiently
- Communication with overseas agents and clients is clear precise and effective
- Accurate & timely reporting to department manager
- Live within an easy commute of Birmingham Airport and a driver due to the location
- A minimum of 1 year experience in sea export freight forwarding
- Experience of booking and planning of transport via ocean
- Experience of shipments to and from worldwide destinations
- Experience in quoting to and invoicing of clients
- Experience in the creating of, checking of and processing of all relevant exportation documentation
- Good verbal and written communication, to provide a professional image to customers and suppliers
- The ability to instruct a global network of agents, suppliers, shipping lines, hauliers
- The ability to prioritise a large number of tasks to ensure accuracy and deliver results with great attention to detail and a high sense of urgency
***PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU HAVE RELEVANT EXPORT EXPERIENCE***
PACKAGE AND BENEFITS
- Salary negotiable dependant on experience
- 28 days including Bank Holidays
- Free Car Parking
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU? ARE YOU INTERESTED IN THIS ROLE? THEN I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.
Please send your cv and call Adam or Charlie on 0121 643 6954
***If you have not received a response within 48 hours, unfortunately your cv has not been selected on this occasion***