I am recruiting for an experienced Export Road Freight Forwarder based near Birmingham Airport; this is an exciting opportunity to work for a 'family feel' Logistics company where it is all about delivering the best customer service and they are offering a competitive salary for the right candidate.
You will be responsible for the logistics of exporting goods throughout Europe via road transport. This will include the booking/planning of transport, the completion of all documentation and solving problems as they arise, at all times building relationships and keeping your suppliers and the clients updated.
My client is a leading British logistics provider headquartered in Birmingham. They have the credibility and a reputation that allows them to continue to expand within the UK and worldwide using their global infrastructure of partnerships and agents.
TYPICAL DAILY JOB DUTIES - WHAT ARE YOU RESPONSIBLE FOR?
- Build strong working relationships with suppliers partners and agents.
- Arrange the exportation throughout Europe of goods via road transportation
- Develop and build relationships to ensure a high level of customer service is provided to clients
- Take requests and queries and resolve them effectively and efficiently
- Communicate (using email, telephone and internet systems) with overseas agents and clients clearly, precisely and accurately and resolve issues and complaints in a timely manner
- Communicate effectively with operations colleagues
- Process supplier invoices
- Maintain customer and supplier spreadsheets
- Ensure that the departmental manager is aware of the status of all shipments
- Accurate & timely reporting to department manager
- A minimum of 1-year exportation experience in road freight forwarding
- Experience of shipments from and to European destinations
- Experience of booking and planning of transport
- Experience in the creating of, checking of and processing of all relevant exportation documentation
- Good verbal and written communication, to provide a professional image to customers and suppliers
- The capacity to work in a high-pressure environment whilst remaining calm when under pressure
- The ability to instruct a global network of agents, suppliers, road cargo carriers
- The skill to prioritise a large number of tasks to ensure accuracy, and deliver results with great attention to detail and a high sense of urgency
- A positive attitude and good problem solving skills and to apply lessons learned
***PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU HAVE RELEVANT ROAD FREIGHT FORWARDING EXPERIENCE***
PACKAGE AND BENEFITS
- Salary negotiable dependant on experience
- 28 days including Bank Holidays
- Free Car Parking
- A number of other benefits/perks
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU? ARE YOU INTERESTED IN THIS ROLE? THEN I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.
Please send your cv and call Adam or Charlie on 0121 643 6954
***If you have not received a response within 48 hours, unfortunately your cv has not been selected on this occasion***