We are working with a local client based in Didcot, Oxford who is seeking an 'Extra Care Scheme Manager' to join their team on a 3-Month temporary contract. This is a full time position Monday-Friday paying £18.00 per hour. (Weekly Pay)
They are looking for someone who has a professional working knowledge of the needs of older people. An understanding of dementia would be an advantage, but care staff will be on site to help assist.
You will be responsible for.
- Providing a responsive and pro-active management service to residents in an Extra Care Housing Scheme, enabling them to live as independently as possible.
- You will run the scheme and help residents manage their tenancies. My client is looking for someone who is confident and professional communicator with excellent organisational and customer service skills and a flexible approach.
- You will have good IT skills, as you need to use word, excel and outlook and maintain effective systems to manage the scheme.
- You will be required to work the duty manager rota, so a full driving licence is therefore required.
What you will need.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience of working within a caring role, ideally with older people
- Experience of negotiating and working with external agencies
- Excellent organisational, administrative and IT skills
- Experience of dealing with challenging customers.
- Ability to write reports and maintain records appropriately
- Current First Aid certificate or willingness to undertake training
- Full driving licence and access to suitable vehicle
- Flexibility to work occasional evenings and/or weekends
If you are interested, please contact Lewis Smith via Brook Street. - Thank you!