Do you have a qualification or professional accreditation in housing or care services? or perhaps have experience/knowledge of dementia care? Then this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Our client a well-known organisation in the housing association sector are looking for an Extra Care Scheme Manager to join them on a full-time permanent basis, offering a basic salary £23,500/annum + benefits. You will be responsible, for providing a responsive and pro-active Housing Management service to residents in an Extra Care Housing Scheme, enabling them to live as independently as possible.
Your key duties will include; operating an effective and efficient service in accordance with the organisations policies, procedures and service standards with specific attention to Safeguarding duties. Work within a team to ensure schemes are monitored and comply with health and safety regulations, visiting schemes as part of a rota. You will be responsible for organising viewings and signups for new tenants. Welcome and support new residents as appropriate whilst promoting the health and wellbeing of tenants through community engagement and resident involvement, particularly by organising activities and events. You will notify the Independent Living Manager or Head of Housing of any interruption in the service or risk to residents at the earliest opportunity and co-ordinate any necessary actions. Deal with complaints promptly and seek solutions to issues as appropriate whilst contribute to the achievement of key targets, working toward continuous service improvements.
What you will need;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience of working within a caring role, ideally with older people
- Experience of negotiating and working with external agencies
- Excellent organisational, administrative and IT skills
- Experience of dealing with challenging customers
- Ability to write reports and maintain records appropriately
- Current First Aid certificate or willingness to undertake training
- Full driving licence and access to suitable vehicle
- Flexibility to work occasional evenings and/or weekends
If this is the ideal position you have been looking for to develop your experience within the care/housing sector, please apply today for more details or call Suzie at Brook Street immediately to discuss further.