Facilities Assistant / Receptionist
Our client is based in Newcastle and is looking for a Facilities Assistant/Receptionist to join their established team.
The role will be to provide a comprehensive, efficient and effective range of facilities services, supporting the operational needs of a business unit property portfolio to meet our corporate and environmental goals.
Your role will involve:
1.Act as an initial point of contact, communicating and filtering information for the team so that advice and support is delivered accurately and standards and priorities are met.
2. Provide a timely and accurate administrative support service to the line manager / team, ensuring efficient systems are in place to maximise the effective use of line manager`s / team`s time.
3. Organise, maintain and develop information storage and retrieval systems and ensure that information is up to date and readily accessible to facilitate departmental work flow.
4. Check compliance with environmental standards and service levels and Inspection, monitoring and survey work, in order to carry out and support the business plan and environmental outcomes.
5. Participate in the development of teamwork plans and deliver any agreed actions effectively, to contribute to business planning and delivery.
6. Develop and maintain a strong customer focus to ensure effective relationship building and partnership working to support environmental goals.
7. Carry out delegated Site Responsible Officer tasks at defined properties as agreed with the Site Responsible Officer.
8. Main place of work will be in Newcastle. However, it would be ideal if the successful candidate could work from the Darlington Office on occasions to provide cover for holidays etc.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, be able to deal with the public and clients as well as completing admin tasks.
Duties will include but not be restricted to:
o Delivering core Facilities Management support services including provision of postal, reception services and meeting room bookings, managing ordering, stock maintenance and purchase of office supplies, and stationery
o IT skills (Microsoft Office). The successful candidate will use a in-house system
o Build relationships with customers to develop and maintain a positive reputation, service delivery and effective resolution of issues.
o Maintain good relationships with contractors, suppliers and other stakeholders.
o Supporting local project management.
o Providing a Help-desk service to customers
Our client is based just outside the city centre and is easily accessed by public transport or if using own transport there is parking available on site.
If you are interested in this role, please apply by submitting your CV.