Are you skilled in building techniques and maintenance systems? Are you experienced in managing and supervising staff? If yes, then this may be the role for you!
Brook Street (UK) Ltd is seeking a Facilities Officer to join our trusted Public Sector client based in Newtownabbey for an initial period of three months, with the possibility of extension.
As a Facilities Officer, you will be responsible for managing staff and external contractors, advising the Senior Facilities Officer and the Property Services Manager on current trends, best practice techniques and technologies in Property Services as well as regular, up to date statistics and management information.
Duties in this role will include;
1. Contribute to the continual provision of high quality modern building facilities and assisting in the financial profiling and programming of this plan
2. Assisting the Senior Facilities Officer in the development and implementation of a management plan in relation to Reactive Maintenance, Security and emergency call outs and Plant modernisation
3. Managing human, physical and financial resources to ensure maximum efficiency and effectiveness
4. Management of staff and resources, organising and monitoring operational aspects of works
5. Contract management of all external contractors
6. Maintaining a current awareness of the main issues in developments relating to the service and evaluate/implement new technology to add value to service provision.
To be eligible for this role, you will hold a third level qualification in a relevant discipline, such as Electrical, Building Service or Mechanical Engineering. One years' experience in staff and contractor management and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint are essential.
You will hold a full current driving licence or have access to suitable form of transport for the performance of official duties.
The hours of work are Monday to Friday, 0900 to 1700. In return, you will be paid £15.06 per hour.
If you would like to apply for this role, please email your CV to Anna Powell or Siobhan Hanna at or call the office and speak to Anna on 028 90 324548.