Our client based in the Berkhamsted area is looking for a Facilities Team Leader to join their team working in the beautiful stately home which is set in an such an idyllic setting.
The Senior Team Leader will act as the Department Manager's "Number 2" and is responsible for maintaining the highest of operational standards on the day-to-day delivery of operational support. This newly created role will be responsible for managing the carrying out of a range of duties to ensure that our Clients receive excellent service throughout their stay.
The Team Leader will support the Department Manager in strategic matters, and in organising the Team Leaders and other Team members in daily, weekly and monthly duties, activities, and workload planning.
The range of duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting the Department Manager in developing the skills and potential of the Operational Service team
- Room set-ups and clear downs; Client teaching areas, corporate events, weddings, etc…
- Maintaining security, health and safety of the Client environment, and that of the working environment
- Managing services such as parcels, and deliveries of non-perishable goods
- Assisting Clients with their luggage and other onsite services
- Managing the Reception Desk during evening shifts, if required
- Assisting within the Guest Services department, when required
- Being responsible for the security of the whole site, ensuring all security procedures are undertaken, including the operation and monitoring of CCTV around the site. Taking appropriate action to prevent trespassing
- Being available to receive and respond to all enquiries either in person or by telephone in an informative, efficient and courteous manner.
- Have excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to resolve problems quickly, efficiently and practically
- Have an ability to lead the Team from the front and by example
- Have a basic working knowledge and experience of using simple IT, as all workflow is managed from tablets and smart phones.
- Have experience with creating and managing Team members' work schedules and managing other work-flows
- Have a 'can-do', 'nothing is impossible' attitude
- Have 2+ years' experience leading a Team in a 4-star or equivalent environment
- Innovative, self-motivated and able to work on own initiative
- Positive and constructive, willing to take ownership of work load and situations
- Team player, able to work as part of a team whilst being the Senior Team Leader
- Able to demonstrate a high level of customer focus, both internally and externally
- A full clean standard UK driving licence and access to a car due to location.
- First aid trained and SIA (desirable)
In return the company offer a very competitive salary from £24,000 to £26,000 per annum. They also offer free access to the on-site gym, access to the company pension scheme and health care schemes, free on-site parking and access to their award-winning online learning resource tool.
This role is a full time role working full time 12 hours shifts (days and nights - 4 on 4 off, including weekends).
If you are passionate about hospitality and wish to create a great guest experience, then we want to hear from you. What are you waiting for click now to apply!