A long established, well-respected firm serving the Dales and the Aire-Valley with legal support for both individuals and businesses is looking for a Family Lawyer and Head of Family to join their team in their Skipton office, with potential for some hybrid working.
The Family Solicitor and Head of Family will report to the Litigation Director.
They are progressive and forward-thinking. They have many long-serving staff. They take pride in excellent service and client care. They have recently invested in new ICT to support their flexible operations, post-Covid. They are well known in their locality for both reliable expert legal support and community and charitable contributions.
- Undertake fee earning work and provide a profitable contribution to the work of the family department
- Supervision of, and development of, other staff in the Skipton family department
- Ensure the successful development of the firm and in particular the family department in line with the business plan, specifically:
- Providing a smooth transition for clients and the department following the departure of current head of department (this point is for HOD candidates only)
- Marketing the department both to new clients and existing clients of the firm
- Financial control with particular regard to cash flow control through collection of monies on account and billing procedures
- Accurate prompt time-recording in line with the firm's time recording policy
- Responsibility for personal and department training and development plans
- Assistance with annual appraisals where required
- Continuous improvements in practice, procedure and IT
- Healthcare Scheme
- Employee Pension with Employer Contribution,
- Group life insurance
- Car Parking
- Location: Skipton
- Salary range: Competitive Salary
- Job type: Permanent
- Job Section: Legal
- Working Hours: Full Time