To contribute to the smooth running of the firm through working towards the goals of the business plan and your department and effectively manage staff within your area of responsibility.
To contribute to the Family Department's expertise and the growth and reputation of the Department and Firm generally.
To effectively manage all aspects of the cases allocated and when necessary provide support to other members of staff within the Family Department.
- To continue achieving high levels of performance in carrying out the general responsibilities of an Associate Solicitor or such like.
- To motivate and develop other fee-earners and support staff within their department and the firm generally.
- To attend external business activities events on a regular basis as and when required.
- To sit on and actively participate in management meetings/sub committees if invited to do so.
- To support and assist the practice/accounts/personnel/marketing manager in the effective running of the department and firm generally.
- Be familiar with the practice business plan and carry out duties in a way consistent with achieving the goals of the business plan.
- To strengthen existing client relations and introduce new clients to the firm.
- To lead by example and act in a manner befitting the position at all times.
- To ensure a safe working environment in your area of responsibility
- Admission to the Solicitors Roll or Institute for Paralegals and a desired 4 years PQE in work area.
- Consistently achieving high levels of performance in carrying out the general responsibilities of an Assistant Solicitor or such like.
Personal Skills and qualities
- The ability to think strategically, prioritise and make decisions
- The ability to communicate effectively to a range of people both inside and outside the organisation including clients, business associates colleagues and team members
- The ability to balance competing needs and interests
- Strong influencing and persuasion skills
- The ability to convey a true understanding of client's needs and maintain their confidence
- The ability to lead an effective team
- The ability to assess situations and provide appropriate feedback
- An understanding of health and safety issues within the workplace.
- The ability to work outside of normal office hours where reasonably necessary.
Management qualifications, skills and experience
- The ability to lead a team ensuring all team members understand the aims of the department and their own contribution towards it
- An understanding of the principles and methods of delegation and the ability to apply this effectively
- The ability to effectively present information to the team in a way that is clear and concise and promotes understanding.
- The ability to provide appropriate support to team members which will include coaching and mentoring where team members are not performing to the desired standards.
- The ability to develop an effective team
- The ability to manage stress in relation to self, team or individuals.
- The ability to deal with difficult situations and manage conflict