My Client are a renowned Solicitors who ALWAYS put their clients first. They are looking to expand their Matrimonial/Children - Private Law Department.
Main Duties of the role
1. To be responsible for progressing a caseload of money, children and occasional injunction/Family law Act work.
2. To work as part of the matrimonial team contributing to the work of the team to ensure high quality client care for clients
1. All the tasks required to start a new case e.g. taking client`s instructions confirming instructions in first letter to client, obtaining costs on account, opening file, ensuring conflict check and risk assessment obtained (administrator/paralegal to assist in administration of setting up new files)
2. Using the case management scheme to progress the file and ensure client is kept up to date with progress of a case.
3. Representing clients at court or ensuring representation at court for court hearings.
4. Ensuring that all administration in relation to hearings and the progress of the case is undertaken accurately and promptly including time recording, attendance notes, diary management and maintenance and costs estimates reviewed.
5. To work productively with support staff to ensure that files are compliant with firm and Lexcel guidelines and that administrative tasks are completed promptly e.g. delegating tasks as appropriate, ensuring support staff are familiar with the tasks required, maintaining good communication with support staff.
6. To provide high quality client care in all cases to include keeping client regularly informed and updated, responding promptly to communication from client, explaining complex legal issues and orders in user friendly language when required, managing complaints promptly and according to the firm`s policy.
7. To attend supervision meetings with the Head of the Matrimonial Department as and when required and to prepare for supervision to enable meetings are productive.
8. To attend department meetings and annual Staff Days contributing pro actively to the work of the team, care department and firm.
9. To attend meetings on occasions in other offices.
10. To undertake any other duties as and when required.
11. To keep up to date with training needs by attending relevant courses as directed.
12. At all times to adhere to the firm`s equal opportunities policy in communication with clients, staff and external individuals and agencies ensuring that all are treated fairly and have access to our services.