B.S Social Care are currently recruiting for experienced Family Support Worker. This role is to start asap ongoing until December. You will be working 24 hours per Monday to Friday.
You will be working within a supportive team that delivers universal and targeted activities in order to improve outcomes for children and their families.
Your main duties will be:
- Support the development of parenting confidence and skills and strengthen parenting capacity.
- To promote and facilitate parental understanding of a child's needs.
- With guidance respond to referrals, undertake needs assessments and refer to appropriate services.
- Work in partnership with families and other service providers to produce and make Single Point of Contact referrals and early help assessments as necessary.
- Contribute to planning, support and activities and services in order to improve the social and emotional development of children.
- Support and contribute to empowering parents and carers achieve their goals and implement action plans, attend TAFs and other relevant meetings and activities
- Assess, deliver, plan and review children and family needs and make necessary decisions regarding family support to be provided.
- Recent experience of working positively with families and children including Family Support case work and universal support.
- Recent experience in direct work with families including assessment and delivery of effective support for families
- Evidence of experience of direct work with babies, children and parents from a wide range of ethnic, religious and cultural backgrounds including those who may not have previously accessed services and support