Are you looking for a rewarding career establishing positive relationships and encouraging hopeful outcomes for vulnerable people?
We are looking for a Female Dispersed Residential Support Worker who is committed to improving the lives of survivors of domestic abuse to work with our client based in Liverpool.
The post holder will be expected to assist and liaise with the director of operations in the provision of the highest standards of effective, high quality support services to vulnerable women living in semi-independent tenancies, some of which may be experiencing mental health issues following trauma
The successful candidate will be working 38.6 hours on a six month contract, with potential for a permanent position, predominantly working early and late shifts and only 1 weekend in 5.
- Support residents to achieve their goals and targets, defined in their support plan
- Regularly review and develop their mutually agreed support plans with residents and any other professionals involved in the lives of the residents
- To conduct new resident's welcomes and inducting residents into the service, and registering with doctors, dentists, setting up benefits, utilities, etc.
- Conduct health and safety checks and support residents in their accommodation
- Helping residents with a move to fitting accommodation
- Have a creative outlook when solving obstacles in the lives of the residents
The successful candidate will have a pro-active attitude to work with a strong ability to make informed decisions. You will have a licence and your own car with business insurance too.
You will have a degree level of education or proven relevant experience of working with domestic abuse victims and mental health in a similar setting, working with partner agencies, welfare rights, safeguarding and resettlement.
It is essential for the successful candidate to have IT and administration skills, be computer literate, work to deadlines and be able to record information and write reports.
It would be desirable for the successful candidate to have experience of using Cognitive Analytical Therapy and Trauma Informed Care.
The pay rate for this role is £11.00 per hour and the benefits would include double pay on bank holidays, accrued holiday pay, flexibility, reward and recognition including employee of the month awards and 24 hour support from our friendly consultants 365 days a year.
We are looking to fill this role ASAP!
Please call 01517060670 to speak to Rachel about the role!