We have a unique and exciting opportunity for a technical sales representative to join our Peterborough client, with a focus on new business development of their bespoke product design, fabrication and assembly services. This is a field sales position and the successful candidate will be responsible for identifying, developing, and creating new market opportunities across a diverse product range, specifically within their office furniture division. The individual will also be responsible for directly managing and growing existing customer accounts.
- Reporting to the Sales Manager, you will seek out prospective customers and target new markets, with specific focus on continuing the development of the client's furniture division
- Monitor market situations to be fully aware of competitors and the latest innovations of products on offer, using your business acumen to gain a leading advantage when quoting for new business
- Building a planned and strategic sales pipeline and working with the Sales Support team to capitalise on new enquiries and optimise each sales opportunity through to conversion
- Work closely and collaborate with other departments to transition projects from sales to a successful production startup
- Preparation, reporting and presentation of sales targets, revenues, opportunities and other requested KPIs to the Sales Manager in line with the company's strategic plans
- Contacting prospective clients by telephone, mail, email and face to face
- Attend client visits and conduct product demonstrations
- Develop long-term relationships with clients, through managing and interpreting their requirements
- Participation in trade shows, exhibitions and promotions of associated products
- A technical background within mechanical or product engineering or office furniture design with experience within a sales environment will be required.
- Prior field sales experience is also preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to build quick rapport
- The confidence and ability to produce sketchups of clients' product requirements during meetings
- Independence and self-reliance with a drive to succeed
- A full UK driver's license is essential
On offer is a fixed base salary of £24,000 pa + commission. A generous car allowance, mobile phone and laptop will also be provided. The successful candidate will become part of a very tight-knit team with a friendly family feel.
My client is eager to fill this role as soon as possible, so if you feel you have the skills required to be successful and are keen to further your career, then apply now for immediate consideration.