We have an exciting temporary opportunity to work at the Maritime and Coastguard Agency in central Southampton within the Seafarer Training & Certification Finance Team.
The team supports the MCA main finance team by dealing with financial matters related to Seafarer Training and Certification and handles payments and receipts relating to services including certification, examiners time and training providers.
Role tasks could include:
- Issue receipts as requested by seafarers and companies
- Create Works Orders on Agresso for monies received from overseas customers for course approvals/oral exams
- Complete weekly reconciliation ensuring all transactions are up to date and balance
- Process GovPay and other payments daily ensuring correct payments are taken
- Create receipting batches on Agresso
- Update Rolling Account entries daily and enter all relevant information onto the cash book
- Code and reallocate monies received from seafarers and companies when due
- Create invoices for companies and seafarers when required
- Process refunds
- Manage over/under payments made by seafarers and companies
- Complete monthly reconciliation spreadsheet and cash book ready for Team leader signoff within deadline
- Resolve Seafarer Training and Certification finance issues raised internally or by seafarers and companies via telephone or email communication
- Train on and process certification applications as and when required
- Follow training plan as set by the Seafarer Training and Certification Finance Team Leader
- Supporting with other business area tasks where required
Pay rate:£11.19/hour, Monday to Friday - 37.50 hours/week, 6 months assignment, extension possibility.
Interview: via Teams.
Work: on client site.
Location: Spring Place Offices, 105 Commercial Road, Southampton, Hampshire, SO15 1EG
*The offered candidate will be subject to a vetting and a basic DBS check