Our Public Sector client based in Huntingdon is seeking an experienced Administrator to join their team on a full-time, temporary basis. The rate of pay is £7.98 for the first 12 weeks, rising to £9.94 thereafter.
The role will include but will not be restricted to;
-Delegated Control Account Operator for DIO Accommodation, managing the Control Account in accordance with the policy and guidance detailed in JSP 891 Imprest Accounting, Banking and Control Accounts Manual.
- Obtaining monthly JPA reports
- Keeping the control account up to date and current at all times
- Prepare a spreadsheet detailing monthly income and expenditure, by RAC and LPC for higher authority
- Ensure the daily total of payments and receipts are recorded in the Cashbook reconcile with the total of payments and receipts recorded on SAGE and the bank statement.
- Record bank receipts in the appropriate register to annotate a receipt reference accordingly.
- When cheques are received, ensure they a similarly given a receipt reference and ensure the Cashbook is updated to record their receipt and their subsequent deposit in the bank.
- Ensure at the end of the month that the Statement of Account, Balances and Checking Officers certificate is prepared and completed.
- Ensure monthly reconciliation of the Cash & Control A/c balance with the local ledger (SAGE) and between SAGE and the bank statement.
-When a request for funds from the Control Account is received ensure all mandatory checks and signatures are obtained prior to preparing Payable Orders.
-Record all receipts and payments on SAGE and run associated reports to reconcile the daily and monthly income and expenditure totals with those recorded on the bank statement and the Cashbook.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in finance and administration.
Sound working knowledge of Excel, online banking and SAGE is required. Accuracy, attention to detail and timing are key for this role, as other departments rely on this information to conduct their day to day business.
The rate of pay is £7.98 for the first 12 weeks, rising to £9.94 thereafter. Holiday entitlement and pension scheme available.
Apply online today!
For additional information please contact the Public Sector team on 01733 310855.