I am recruiting for a Finance Assistant for a client based on the outskirts of Birmingham; working for a highly reputable company you have the opportunity to receive a basic salary of £18000 plus an amazing benefits package.
This is initially a 12-month fixed term contract.
Working within the finance and specifically the sales ledger team, as a Finance Assistant you will be responsible for the creating and inputting of invoices on a daily and monthly basis totalling around £600,000 value a month. You will also help support credit control in securing the payment of invoices and help with general administrative tasks including query escalation and resolution.
This could be a perfect role if you are looking for your first finance position as long as you can demonstrate the right skills and attributes as detailed below.
TYPICAL DAILY JOB DUTIES - WHAT WILL YOU BE RESPONSIBLE FOR?
- Produce and distribute sales invoices on a daily and monthly basis
- Resolve internal and customer queries
- Distribute invoices, billing reports and statements
- Provide support to Credit Control to ensure timely collection of monies
- To ensure all customer details are up-to-date and consistent on all reporting systems
- To carry out appropriate clerical and general duties as may be required from time to time by Finance Managers
- To comply with your obligations under the Company's data protection, information security and other relevant policies, when handling personal data or special categories of sensitive data
- Driver with access to your own car would be ideal due to the location
- 5 GCSE's or equivalent including, English, Maths (proof/certificates will be required if successful)
- Previous administration experience
- Previous finance experience is beneficial but not essential
- Strong numerical skills
- High attention to detail with experience of data inputting
- Reliable, punctual and organised
- IT literate
- Stable work history, be able to explain reasons for leaving previous positions or gaps in employment history
***PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU MATCH THE PERSON SPECIFICATION ABOVE ***
PACKAGE AND BENEFITS
- Initial 12-month fixed term contract
- £18000 basic salary
- 26 days holiday + 8 Bank holidays (rises to 28 days + Bank Holidays after 1 year!)
- Flexible working on offer (core hours 9-5 Monday to Friday - 35 hour working week)
- Opportunity to do some home working
- Career progression if wanted
- Health Care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking (first come first served)
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU?
Please send your CV and call Adam or Charlie on 0121 643 6954
***If you have not received a response within 48 hours, unfortunately your CV has not been selected on this occasion***