Brook Street (UK) Limited is currently working on behalf of our Belfast client to recruit a Finance Assistant to join their busy Finance Department.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Finance Assistant will cover the Sales Ledger function.
* Maintaining and updating accurately customer records on the TOTAL accounting system.
* Processing of sales ledger transactions for the group of companies on a daily basis to department deadlines.
* Generating sales invoices and credit notes with accuracy, speed and due consideration to applicable rates of VAT.
* Processing and allocating daily receipts on the sales ledger. Registering cash, cheque, card and BACS payments accurately and on a timely basis.
* Registering sales ledger refunds and cancelling payments.
* Regular analysis of the Sales Ledger to identify misallocations and preparation of write-offs for authorisation and processing.
* Ad hoc printing, scanning & sending out invoices to customers.
* General administration duties pertaining to the role including filing paperwork.
* Any other duties conducive to the effective operation of the post which the Company deem to be within the post holder`s competence. Operational requirements of the business may dictate that overtime may be required.
* Monthly responsibility to enter journals & accruals on the general ledger.
* Preparation of month end control account reconciliations.
* Collecting and sorting the post and distributing as necessary.
* Posting Journals and Accruals at period end.
* Archiving as and when necessary.
* Minimum of 5 GCSE`s (grades A-C) or equivalent including Maths and English language.
* Experience working within an accounting environment.
* Experience working with accounting packages.
* Excellent communication skills.
* IT Literate particularly with Microsoft Excel.
* High standard of numeracy, accuracy and attention to detail.
* Ability to work on own initiative.
* Excellent organisational and time management skills.
* Ability to work as part of a dedicated team.
* A professional and flexible approach is required.
If interested, please send CV via the link