Our client are a leading Northwest manufacturer and are seeking to appoint a Finance Associate supporting an internal and external customer base throughout European market for a fixed term contract for two years
The successful applicant will assist in the improvement of process as well as supporting daily functions within Finance such as:
* Enter vendor invoices into ERP systems to the appropriate general ledger accounts to generate payments.
* Maintain financial accuracy through adhering to all Accounts Payable policies and procedures.
* Follow up with procurement to ensure blocked invoices are resolved timely, ensuring vendors are paid within terms.
* Analyse and resolve vendor invoices in "blocked" or "parked" status
* Prepare month-end accruals in a timely manner per the month end checklist schedule.
* Prepare month end supplier reconciliations and review of GRIR
* Organize and execute invoice approval workflow in a timely manner to maximize discount opportunities.
* Work closely with location accountants to resolve accounts payable issues, such as vendors not paid, goods receipts, purchase orders, intercompany account confirmations, work to review and resolve GRIR issues.
* Identifies process improvement opportunities that will recognize the root cause of discrepancies, reduce future occurrences of aged account balances, and works with appropriate internal contacts to implement those improvements.
* Manage master Data set-up and maintenance of customer account details and controls.
* Perform other duties as assigned. Will include support of special projects as identified.
* Minimum 2 years' experience working within a manufacturing finance department
* Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel.
* Ability to communicate with a wide range of contacts from corporate and external vendors to manufacturing employees
* Proven experience working in a fast-paced Finance function working to tight deadlines.
* Strong organizational skills in handling multiple responsibilities simultaneously with high attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
* Proactive problem solving and results oriented, able to work on own initiative
* Educated to 3rd level standard with Business related diploma or degree
* Audit experience
* Experience working in a shared services environment
* General Ledger experience including multi-currency bank reconciliations
* Studying towards professional accounting qualification
If interested please send CV via the apply link