Are you AAT qualified or working towards? If you're looking to build on your experience and step into a role with fantastic autonomy and progression working with the Group Head of Finance, read on!
Do you want to join one of the UK's fastest-growing financial consultancies? We are searching for a Finance Associate to join the growing Operations Team!
What you'll be doing
Reporting to the Head of Operations, whilst supporting and working with both the Group Head of Finance and the Managing Director and other key stakeholders, the Finance Associate is an essential role to the smooth running of the business. When clients have finished the consulting process, they will be handed over to the Finance Associate, who manages the submission of the claims, ensuring the client is paid promptly by HMRC and securing payment for the work.
You will also
- Handle client queries relating to submissions, processing times and invoicing
- Work closely with the Account Manager to proactively manage the existing client base
- Take the lead in managing clients that are in arrears with their invoice payments where necessary.
- Speaking to HMRC to gather updates on the status of a claim and to follow up where the statutory deadline for replying to claims has passed.
This is a client-facing role, and the chosen candidate will be interacting with an ever-expanding client base daily. The ideal candidate is deliberate, analytical, and meticulous. They take pride in their organisational abilities, with demonstrable excel capabilities, that can be utilised to maximise the efficiency of the submissions and payments processes. They are rigorous in their approach and committed to consistently meeting and exceeding the requirements of the job at hand. They prefer to work independently, are great at managing their own time and enjoy helping clients solve potential problems.
- AAT Level 3 or equivalent
- Strong Excel skills
- Invoicing, Payments and Commission: Creating and sending invoices as well as managing escrow account payments to service providers and introducers
- Managing Payment Pipelines on the CRM
- Invoice management: Raising invoices based on the R&D tax benefit and subsequently managing clients whose payments are late, ensuring prompt payment whilst preserving a strong working relationship
- Managing CRM updates: including updates for payments and working with colleagues and the Management team to ensure the business has an accurate picture of where clients are at in the payment process and can accurately forecast income
- Managing Clients: Liaising with clients on the progress of their claims, quantification of the R&D tax benefit and providing timely updates at key points during the process
- Submission Management: Proactively speaking to HMRC on claims that are overdue and keeping up our standards of service excellence with consistent communication with clients, proactively answering queries throughout the process
- Supporting Group Head of Finance: Extracting and manipulating data from the CRM to produce accurate information for monthly management accounts
It wouldn't be a job description without a benefits section. We have some great perks to tell you about which relate to our client's core values, culture and mission:
One step ahead - We know our success is credited to our hard-working and talented employees, so every employee is paid competitively, with regular, performance-related pay reviews.
Do the right thing - Your well-being and development are pivotal to being able to work effectively. We aim to guide you in your career with generous onboarding, personal learning & development budgets, private healthcare including physical, mental, dental and optical care as standard.
Ready when you are - We offer generous holiday allowances, pension schemes, flexible working, the ability to work from home and parental leave policies to ensure you are well looked after. As a business with set deadlines, we counteract this by closing at three carefully selected points in the year to ensure all employees are rested and rejuvenated.
Working as one - Everyone at is working towards the same annual bonus scheme, aligning our goals with one another. The individual discretionary bonus is based on a scoring system factoring in company performance, profitability, individual performance, attitude and other factors.
You'll be joining a positive, energetic, social group; alongside the usual social drinks, they enjoy fitness activities, company offsites, regular lunch and learns, and quarterly whole company socials.
This role could also suit a candidate looking to work on a part-time basis. We are open to discussing what this looks like in terms of a working pattern with the right candidate.
Our client currently operate a hybrid-working model as a business by asking everyone to come in on their allotted departmental office day, once per week, finding that this works for us at present. The expectation in this role is that the successful candidate would be able to come into our office space at least once per week, in line with the rest of the business.
For more information please apply or contact Ben Worsley via email or Linkedin!