Salary - £45,000 - £50,000 per annum
Hours - 35hrs per week - Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
Location - Central London
I am representing a non-profit organisation located in the heart of London. They provide accommodation for students while they study, scholarships and hardship funds to support their education and social activities to foster an international community.
My client is currently recruiting for a Finance Manager to join their friendly team, and take responsibility for management and financial accounting, supervision of the Finance Team, and systems integration.
We believe that our staff are our best asset and do all we can to ensure they are challenged and enjoy their work. We are an Investors in People Silver accredited employer and hold the London Healthy Workplace Award for providing a healthy work environment for our people.
- Contributory defined benefits pension scheme
- Interest free annual travel loan
- Company sponsored health-care cash plan, with the opportunity to increase personal cover or include family members
- Daily meal allowance
As Finance Manager, you will support the Finance Director to ensure charity has the financial infrastructure to support the organisation's vision and mission.
Your Duties Will Include
- Production of monthly management accounts
- Assisting with the preparation of the annual budget and support for budget holders
- Line management of the Finance Team
- Production of the year end accounts and financial returns
- Cash-flow management and forecasting
- Leading on finance systems integration
- VAT and statutory returns
To join us as our Finance Manager, you'll need:
- To be fully qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with a minimum of 1-2 years' post qualification experience
- High attention to detail and the ability to meet tight regulatory and financial deadlines
- Strong systems knowledge, with Excel at advanced level
- Previous experience in the charity sector and an understanding of SORP
- Experience of the timely production of management and statutory accounts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Previous line management experience