Brook Street (UK) Limited is currently working behalf of our Belfast client to recruit a Finance Manager to join their expanding finance department. This is an excellent chance to join a household name in the energy industry.
The role of Finance Manager is to manage the Finance Department across the group of companies
* Overall responsibility for the Finance Department, providing leadership and direction to a team of 7 individuals, via 3 direct reports, including responsibility for roles and responsibilities, hiring of staff and team structure.
* Ensuring the team are adequately trained to performing their duties; develop the team as required and perform regular appraisal of performance. Delegate and manage such activities as may be appropriate for the effectiveness of the accounting function.
* Prepare the necessary accounts and reports to ensure that legal, regulatory and audit requirements are fulfilled, and to liaise with the Company Auditors and tax advisers on matters related to these accounts.
* Ensure the Group CFO together with the Senior Management Team are provided with the financial and management information and advice required to support the operation of the business. This includes oversight of internal monthly financial reporting (monthly management accounts).
* Prepare and review Business Plans, Budgets and Forecasts in a timely manner to meet the needs of the Board and Management, regulation and the Company's shareholders.
* Preparation of monthly / quarterly reporting for internal departments, including discussion of these reports with department heads.
* Ensure that company obligations are met in respect of monitoring the tax position of the business, including preparation of corporate tax returns and oversight of all other tax responsibilities (such as PAYE and VAT returns).
* Understanding of how changes in the UK tax framework affect the overall performance and value of the business.
* Ensuring the company is adequately prepared to deal with future changes such as Making Tax Digital.
* Liaise with the Head of Support Services to ensure that information required for annual completion of the Shareholder valuation model are provided wherever necessary, as well as completion of annual returns to the Regulator (such as Annual Cost Reporting)
* As required, to review financial return on capital and revenue project appraisals and post investment appraisal reports.
* Manage the company's bank and treasury facilities in accordance with company procedures and authority levels, including oversight of all transactions both from debtors and to creditors, reconciliation of all bank accounts and transfer of balances between accounts to ensure effective use of any surplus resources.
* Preparation of regular short and medium term cash-flow forecasts, monitoring and control of Working Capital balances.
* Oversight over the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable ledgers, including cash collection and debt recovery services.
* Ensure the smooth running of the department on a daily, monthly and annual basis including consideration of changes and improvements that increase the efficiency of the team.
* Ensure the Finance systems are fit for purpose and developed to reflect the changing needs of the business. Consider what the Finance team can do to better serve its internal customers as well as all other areas of the Group.
All Managers have an ongoing responsibility for the promotion of Equal Opportunities and for Health, Safety and Environmental issues. Managers are also responsible for ensuring staff adhere to Equal Opportunities and Health, Safety and Environmental considerations.
* Qualified Accountant - either Chartered, Certified or CIMA
* 5 years relevant experience within an accounting environment
If you are interested in this job and you fit the essential criteria please send CV via the link