Finance Officer -
The PSM Team's role is focused on supporting lawyers in the team to utilise panel legal services by dealing with all non-legal work relating to the access and management of the panel suppliers.
This role requires the job holder to provide support to the HEO's to ensure that its client departments can meet their commitments to pay invoices within 30 days.
The job holder will demonstrate attention to detail as they will support the PSM HEO's to ensure accurate records are maintained on spend and tracked precisely against departmental budgets.
The job holder will be proactive in checking information and following up on outstanding issues.
The job holder will have good interpersonal and organisational skills and work collaboratively and confidently with finance colleagues at the legal panel firms its client departments.
The job holder will be able to use and create simple Excel tables and use and create simple Excel formulas
Job role tasks and responsibilities;
- Ensure accurate invoices are received in a timely manner, are checked and authorised appropriately and a full audit trail is kept
- Proactively chasing suppliers for their draft invoices so that monthly billing stays up to date
- Requesting and monitoring replies and chasing approvals of draft invoices from lawyers and client departments
- Using payments systems to assist the team in tracking spend on panel firm contracts
- Updating spreadsheets and keeping the relevant audit trails and financial tracking updated to ensure that the team members can manage budgets effectively
- Carrying out investigations and remedying unsent final invoices from suppliers and unpaid invoices from the client departments with supervision from the PSM HEO
- Assisting with supervision from the HEO with issues around payments in client departments and also with the suppliers
- Assisting with supervision from the HEO on any queries/disputes with supplier invoices
- AD HOC tasks such as chasing unsigned contracts both with suppliers and client departments and assisting when bills have to be redacted of confidential or sensitive information before being shared
- Manage group inboxes, resolving simple queries quickly and passing others on to the relevant person within the team.
The Role is working Monday to Friday 9-5. Look forward to hearing from you.