This academy in South London is looking for a Finance Officer to join their School Office.
Educated to A level or equivalent
Knowledge of school finance systems
Knowledge of a variety of Financial recording systems
Knowledge of the budget setting process
Understanding of the role and function of external audit
At least 3 years' experience working in a finance department
Experience of working within financial controls
Experience of assisting with budget setting and budget management
Main Areas of Responsibility
To create Purchase Orders.
* To obtain authorisation, Coding and Posting Purchase Invoices.
* Checking of all deliveries to the Academy. Liaising with site staff as to distribution of order.
* Raising cheques / BACS for Purchase Invoices.
* Making Payments.
* Journal Entries on Accounting System.
* Cash / Bank Reconciliation and Reports.
* To collect money from students for educational visits.
* Reconciling the petty cash on a monthly basis.
* Reconciliation of academy credit card.
* Liaison with Cost Centre Budget Holders / Monitoring & Reporting Procedures.
* Maintenance of Fixed Asset Register.
* Academy Banking.
* To assist Finance Business Partner in monthly Balance Sheet Reconciliations.
* Dealing with incoming and outgoing Finance Post.
* To administer finances in relation to peripatetic Music tuition, Music subsidies, Food Technology
* Raising sales invoices for lettings.
* Banking of cash and cheques.
Additional tasks as may be reasonably requested by Principal / Finance Manager.
* To support the Academy in finding ways to raise capital funding;
* Creating a business plan for lettings and liaising with the Executive Principal to action;
* Supporting any Academy training events that may raise capital;
* To give financial support for any capital spend projects;
* To find ways in which the Academy can get better value for money, through better procurement or other
* To work with Federation Business Partner and Principal in agreeing priorities for expenditure and
monitoring the effectiveness of spending and usage of resources to ensure value for money;
* To ensure all matters regarding Academy insurance are dealt with in line with Federation procedures;
* To ensure the academy`s financial procedures operate in accordance with statutory guidelines,
Academies financial regulations and guidelines set out in the academy`s policies and procedures;
* To provide statistical information as required by the DCSF, other funding providers and Principal
* To be familiar with all the different funding streams that make up the academy budget and be aware of
who has direct responsibility for each one.
* To support the process of and respond to audit reports and implementation of recommendation;
* To read and understand the Academies Financial handbook and check the Academies compliance
reporting any concerns to the Finance Business Partner and the Principal.
* To oversee all contracts register at the Academy, ensuring all information is kept up to date;
* To monitor financial and quality issues relating to academy meals contract.
To manage payroll, liaising with EPM as required.
* To work with Federation Estates Mangers, projects Team ad procurement to check best value for money
when the Academy is considering new contracts or services;
* To work with FBP when contracts are due renewal and ascertain value for money and quality of service
are in line with expectations;
* To communicate any concerns regarding contracts with suppliers as required;
* To support in any tendering process.