Excellent Long Term Temporary Public Sector Opportunity
Are you looking to work in an established public sector organisation in Newport?
Are you numerically minded and have experience of working in a finance environment? Do you have good Excel and Word skills? Then this could be the role for you. This is a financial processing role where you will be providing high quality support to the department. Responding to customer queries and requests via telephone, service request and email.
This opportunity is within the Salary Overpayment/Staff Debt Team, covering a variety of case management/debt recovery activities within the Record to Report Team.
* Excellent communication skills and experience of being able to deal with the management of casework, queries and policy issues, leading to the resolution of exceptions.
* Ability to work to strict deadlines and follow detailed policy documents
* Excellent organisational skills, with attention to detail, accuracy and good problem solving skills
* Experience of dealing with difficult conversations
* Effective team player and work equally as well on their own
* Experience of providing a high quality customer service, which creates confidence and trust
* Experience of working within a finance based environment.
* MS Excel skills and experience of other MS products, such as Access
* Experience of Oracle
* Experience of working with teams across multiple sites
* Good negotiating/decision making skills
* Experience of staff debt and/or overpayments case management, some form of debt collection experience would be useful.
* Basic experience of payroll
* Contribute to the delivery of a high quality Finance Service to multiple clients
* Managing payroll overpayments and Staff Debt services with sensitivity, often involving the management of complex and personal information with integrity
* Management of staff debt services
* Liaise confidently with internal stakeholders/colleagues to ensure cases are brought to a satisfactory conclusion
* Resolve queries and escalate accordingly
* Maintain records for audit purposes
* Support line management with any additional tasks as and when required
Monday to Friday 8am - 4pm / 9am - 5pm / 10am - 6pm - 37.5 Hours Per Week
Hourly rate £9.49 per hour
Excellent working facilities - free parking, subsidised canteen and cafe
Send your CV now - this is an excellent opportunity