Are you a part qualified Accountant, looking for a new and exciting opportunity? Then this may be the role for you?
Based in Swindon, my Client is looking for a full-time temporary Financial Accountant to join their team for an initial 6-month bases, paying the rate of £14.71/hour. This role is within a government organisation and to be considered for this role you need to complete our compliance procedure as well as a security check.
The role is based in the Financial Control Team and be working specifically on financial accounting to help with the delivery in the business drive improvement to existing processes and align with harmonised the financial policies and processes.
- To assist with monthly and year end journal preparation
- To lead on the production of figures that are reported to central government parent body.
- Involves liaising with other entities that company transact with to agree in year transactions and year end balances
- To lead on cash flow forecasting liaison with colleagues and Business Partner team to assist with monthly cash forecasting requirements
- To lead on production of monthly Grant in Aid forecasts
- To lead on monthly fixed asset movement journals
- To lead on maintaining the fixed asset register
- Support the Senior Financial Accountant on interim and final accounts audit work
- Support the Senior Financial Accountant as required on interim and year end accounts tasks
- Support work to further develop financial controls and processes on finance system (Workday)
- Support on other cross financial controls and process harmonisation work
- Part qualified accountant or equivalent experience working in an accounting environment
- An ability to prioritise tasks and work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Good inter-personal and organisation skills
- Good liaison, networking and negotiation skills
- An ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Effective team worker, able to provide support to colleagues and work flexibly on own initiative
- Strong collaborative skills and the ability to develop good working relationships with others, especially when working in a cross-disciplinary environment
- Although more advanced training can be provided, the individual should be competent in MS applications, such as Excel and Word
If you believe this would be a perfect role for you, please apply today!