We are currently working with a company based in North West London, looking for a Financial Controller to join them on a permanent basis. As this is a small company looking to expand, this demanding hands-on FC role is new and ready for someone looking to make it their own. The purpose of this role is to carry out the daily bookings and invoicing which will then be handed on as the department expands. As the company grows, so will your responsibilities as you will be acting as a business partner to senior management. You will also be responsible for managing all finance and accounting operations and developing financial systems.
The ideal candidate should be a qualified Accountant or qualified by expertise. Some knowledge of the wholesale/retail industry would also be beneficial.
This is a full-time position starting as soon as possible.
- Managing and overseeing VAT, Duty, Tax, Duty Deferment
- Reconciliation of inventory reports, intercompany accounts, bank statements and vendors accounts
- Production of weekly cash flow report and forecast; management of cash within constraints of budget and reserves
- Ensure integrity of stock management system
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL and Counsel, Cost Accounting, - Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Five years'+ expertise within an accounting role
- Hands-on experience in a small business environment
- An appropriate professional Certification (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) - Qualified accountant OR qualified by expertise
- Understanding of utilising financial software (Xero) and strong MS Excel skills
- Previous use of Apparel, Magic or Xero would be advantageous
- Working knowledge of creating financial statements, general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
If you meet these requirements and want the opportunity to develop your skills and grow with a fantastic forward thinking company, please contact Anna on 0203 807 9010 or email