Brook Street (UK) Limited is recruiting a Fire & Security Engineer for our client in County Antrim.
To enhance the service, we deliver to our clients, we are recruiting a Fire & Security Engineer to enter an expanding team. Successful applicants will provide reactive response, minor & installation works and planned maintenance services for a variety of public and private sector buildings throughout the North & South of Ireland.
Key Responsibilities & Functions of Role:
* Service and maintain fire detection, access control, door entry, intruder alarm and IP/Analogue CCTV systems to the required standards and regulations.
* Provide 24-hour call-out cover on a rota basis.
* Assist in the installation of small-works orders of all applicable systems to the required standards and regulations.
* Conduct site surveys and provide the required information to price small works; giving due consideration to all applicable security and fire risk factors.
* Carry out any other job specific duties as deemed appropriate by the directors
Job Measurement Data:
* Start and Completion of tasks on time and to the required standard.
* First time fix and completion productivity to the required standard Health & Safety Management
* Q.A. Management and implementation.
* Economical management of resources
* Ensure that all internal company documentation including time sheets, goods received sheets and plant returns are completed and returned within the specified time scales
* Have experience in the servicing and maintaining of fire detection, access control, CCTV systems, and intruder alarm systems to the applicable British and European Standards and knowledge also of all relevant NSAI/PSA codes of practice.
* Be conversant with the products and systems installed and with any significant limitations inherent in such products and systems.
* Ability to operate PC software packages used for configuration and maintenance purposes
* Knowledge of relevant Fire standards
* Knowledge of relevant Security standards
* Excellent Diagnostic and fault finding skills and resolve issues in a logical manner
* Good verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to prepare reports and complete service call-out documentation.
* Ability to work creatively and innovatively dealing with core issues with customers.
* Ability to form good working relationships with colleagues, customers and outside bodies.
* Ability to understand and disseminate specifications and technical drawings.
* Able to display initiative and to have strong attention to detail.
* Highly result orientated with a strong drive to deliver/succeed.
* Good organisational and time management skills.
* Computer literate.
Competitive salary based on previous experience - company vehicle etc.
If interested please send CV via the apply link