Reach Forklift Driver (Day shift)
SHIFTS: 06:00 - 18:00 (4 on / 4 off)
Location - Hull
£12.80 per hour
An exciting opportunity is available with a very prestige client of ours; the role is for a Cold Store Operative & Forklift ,to join the busy Cold Store department in Hull.
Although being in Cold Stores, you will have all the correct clothing provided and all cabs are heated.
Main duties include:
Main duties include (but not limited to):
* Attend Cockpit meetings as requested and assist in any investigations as necessary
* Ensure that each vehicle is tipped or loaded as requested and any anomalies are reported immediately to Supervisor/Charge Hand
* Ensure that any movements of pallets are scanned and recorded accurately on the Cold Store Warehouse Management System
* Ensure that all procedures are followed including taking and recording temperatures, reporting any anomalies immediately
* Ensure that pallets are located in the correct areas as per site procedures
* If using MHE, always drive to conditions and remove any debris or waste that could be a hazard and be aware of colleagues and/or visitors that could be in your area
* Assist in stock takes as requested
* Carry out checks as necessary to ensure accuracy and integrity of product on pallets
* Wears the appropriate PPE at all times when in the cold store area. PPE is not permitted in the designated smoking area.
* Liaise with colleagues in other departments to ensure the throughput of all products in a timely and efficient manner
* Contribute to KPIs in quality, health, safety and environment, yields and customer service
* Highlight areas of improvement
Extra bit to know and skill required:
Requirements, experience and person specification:
* Hold reach Licence
* Signed off to all site safe systems of work and operating procedures
* Correct use of scanners, temperature probes and fobs
* Receipt, locate, pick & dispatch product in accordance with the training you have been provided
* Use of Pallet Inverter & shrink wrapper
* Understand the importance of product and location segregation
If you wish to apply for this vacancy, please apply now to avoid disappointing. However, if you have any questions please call our office- 01482 699100
If you do not hear from us within 14 days, this may mean your application has not been successful to the next stage. We do apologise as we are not able to contact everyone with feedback, due to the number of applications received.