Forklift/ Warehouse Operator based in Bishop Stortford needed ASAP
I'm currently recruiting for a well known food manufacturing company
Position: Forklift/ Warehouse Operator
Salary: £10.20 per hour plus Night Shift Allowance £1.20 extra (11pm - 6am)
Hours: 7pm - 7am Four on Four off
Location: Bishop Stortford
Forklift Operatives are involved in the day-to-day operational movements of all Finished and Semi Finished Goods. This position services all functions within the facility as well as inbound and outbound deliveries.
- The ability to set-up and operate at least 1 machines and all area processes.
- Basic Machine Setting and Adjustments
- Production Quality Control
- Ensuring Hygiene Standards are met.
- FLT & PLT Trained
- Knowledge of SAP & WMS Systems as well as I.T Systems (Excel/Outlook)
- Consistently adhere to the Company's Health and Safety rules and procedures as outlined in the company handbook.
- Ensure all chemical usage is in accordance with COSHH
- All Staff are required to work to a high standard as defined in the company handbook.
- Ensure all operational controls are completed to the required site standards.
- All required documentation is to be completed to the required standards.
- Escalation of product or material non-conformance as appropriate.
- Expected to carry out basic PPM across factory.
- Attend & complete on-the-job training programmes as required
Assess personal training gap and development needs to progress
To ensure that Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and Good Hygiene Practice (GHP) (Good Hygiene Practice) are followed while working to include all legislative and local controls.
It is a requirement that all PPE is used correctly and in the manner it was designed.
Elements of the role may be physically demanding, requiring the operative spending long periods of time standing and working within multiple temperature environments.
Candidate will possess the following personal qualities and experience:
- The ability to work to Targets and Deadlines
- Good practical skills
- The ability to work quickly and methodically
- A pro-active approach to problem-solving skills
- The ability to work under own initiative or as part of a team
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the business
- A willingness to learn new skills
If you are interested in the position please apply!