Financial Services Industry
Salary to be discussed at screening
Do you have experience of fraud within the financial services industry?
Do you have an excellent eye for detail and strong communication skills?
Are you confident with data collation and presenting to management?
We are working with an award winning financial service company in Southampton who are hiring for a Fraud Investigator within their organisation. Reporting to the Fraud Team Leader, the role will be hands on, with the candidate expected to be able to underwrite applications within our working queue on a daily basis as a priority, as well as undertake fraud investigations.
This company are going through a really exciting period and have a great reputation for providing an exceptional service which is proven by their 4.9 out of 5 score on Trust Pilot from over 25,000 happy customers. This is the high level they operate at and reflects their core values of being professional, ethical and transparent.
What will you be doing?
Fraud investigations - Take ownership for allegations of fraud from start to finish, by following company internal processes and procedures. This will involve speaking to customers, liaising with third party organisations such as CIFAS and Action Fraud and providing recommendations to fraud investigations committee, which meets weekly.
General fraud awareness and horizon scanning - working with industry bodies such as CIFAS, other lenders and fellow team members to understand current fraud trends and threats to the business.
Manual underwriting - become a subject matter expert within underwriting and competent in understanding the company underwriting guide. Be able to underwrite a range of applications, ensuring compliance to the business' policies and procedures.
General consumer credit awareness and horizon scanning - understanding the current regulatory climate, specifically regarding developments at the FCA and FOS and how influence our client's credit policy.
Key stakeholders would include colleagues from the wider operations team, Credit/Commercial team, Development/IT, Marketing, and Compliance.
The hours will be 37.5 per week, working 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
What is our client looking for?
The successful candidate will have fraud investigation experience from the financial services industry, collections or consumer finance.
They would love to see people with:
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to switch focus between Fraud and underwriting
- Strong negotiation and written and verbal communications skills
- Able to present recommendations/proposals to senior management
- Good time management/organisational skills
- Good IT skills including Excel and able to work with data.
- The highest level of integrity
- Report writing experience
- Previous experience of working within a consumer lending environment
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with the ability to work with all levels/functions of the business both junior and senior members of staff
What's in it for you?
If you're successful you will join an award-winning company with a great reputation and an excellent working environment. They have friendly staff, opportunities to progress and supporting management. Incentivised and not pressurised to succeed, you will be looked after by this company.
In return for your hard work our client offers a competitive salary, to be discussed at screening stage.
The culture is a friendly one, relaxed but professional, and encourages individual and team achievement and career progression.
In addition, you will receive:
- Hybrid working (2-3 days in office/2-3 days from home) if desired following completion of probation.
- 22 days holiday + bank holidays (rising by one day after each year completed up to 25days)
- Company bonus
- Pension scheme with employer contributions rising to 5% after one year of service
- Access to Perkbox on successful completion of probation.
- Life cover (4x Basic salary)
Want to hear more? We'd love to hear from you. Apply with your CV now!
This role is available for a start as soon as possible and interviews will be arranged as soon as possible. Generally, this will involve an initial phone call followed by a face to face interview if successful.
For more information or a detailed job specification, please contact Ben at Brook Street South Coast or apply now to send your CV